For Honor Starter Edition Free @Uplay until June 18th

https://free.ubisoft.com/promotions/for_honor/26/

The page takes some time to load, at least it’s like that for me, be aware.

9 Likes

I guess this doesn’t give u the steam version, right?

2 Likes

No, it’s directly to Uplay client

4 Likes

y i guess then i don’t rly want it, rofl

5 Likes

If it was only for a limited steam time… I would have given it a shot. I’m long over installing publisher platforms left and right :slight_smile:

Nice of you mentioning it @Enki ! For sure will be useful for plenty of ppl!

6 Likes

The Steam version requires Uplay anyway.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s just an uplay account … not the launcher … the same as bethesda for quake champions?

It’s hell of a difference if it’s only account

3 Likes

Ah, alright. All the games requiring an account that I’ve played also required the stupid client, so to me those have been one and the same. I apologise for the information, sounds like Ubisoft did an almost-good at some point in the last few years.

7 Likes

Just made a bit of research and it seems Uplay is needed even if you get the steam key … This for me is insanely mind boggling and absurd. You can’t launch ubisoft games from steam without them making you install uplay :man_facepalming: . There’s no real need to have the game on steam in this case, because you can just add it manually. For everyone that has uplay already, this can’t be a bad giveaway at all in the end.

7 Likes

Well unlike everyone else I’m going to pick up For Honor for free because clients don’t bother me and I’m not attached to Steam (like everyone else).

4 Likes

I can’t wait for the day when you have to go through client through client … through another client to launch something sold on the first one. Gonna be amazing.

4 Likes

Yet that doesn’t happen. This isn’t a slippery slope situation so please don’t make it into one with paranoia.

This is merely developers not letting Steam control all of PC games.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. Gonna grab this while I can :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Should I quote myself? I said that for anyone having a uplay already it’s good giveaway. Especially when you can get the launcher from steam unwillingly already :smiley:

4 Likes

Yet I was replying to you saying “I can’t wait for the day when you have to go through client through client”.

1 Like

hm, y i have a uplay account anyway, so im gonna (download the client and) add it to my account just in case i ever feel like playing it later and delete the client again

1 Like

well, that didn’t hurt; was actually surprised of the amount of games i have on there already…

2 Likes

I actually just schemed through your post and totally got it the wrong way … thus why I deleted my post … First time I had to do that. I’m surprised there’s no badge or something :smiley: sorry!

2 Likes

If a game is sold on GOG, I’ll buy it on there. It’s usually a longer wait for a sale, but I have dozens of other games to play in the meantime.

I’ve bought plenty of DRM-free games on Humble as well.

Not really a huge Steam fan.

3 Likes

np mah doodely

1 Like