Film: Isle of dogs.

Wes Anderson, director of Grand Hotel Budapest and Fantastic Mr. Fox recently ended his last film wich tends to be a tribute to Hayao Mizayaki’s work.

I don’t know if it works as a tribute of said films like Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke or Howl’s Moving Castle but it is very good.

I watched it in a little theatre where they offer old films and a variety of critic aclaimed tittles (since it’s not exactly aimed to the great public despise having a ridicolous ammount of popular and good actors such as Bryan Cranston, Edward Norton, Bill Murray, Jeff Goldblum, Bob Balaban, Greta Gerwig, Frances McDormand, Courtney B. Vance, Fisher Stevens, Harvey Keitel, Liev Schreiber, Scarlett Johansson, Tilda Swinton, F. Murray Abraham, Frank Wood, Kunichi Nomura and Yoko Ono. Not sure how accesible it will be in your area.

At this point I recommend pretty much anything this man does.

11 Likes

Only gets released here in July and Wes is one of my all-time favorites.

Last place in the world it’s getting released at.

I’m pissed.

Btw, his Grand Budapest Hotel is one of my top-5 movies ever. Alongside Chungking Express and a few others.

6 Likes

That’s a very solid choice. I never bothered making a list but that sure would get a 9 or 10 in a 0-10 scale from me.

Good things take time. But to be fair, everything takes time. Silly saying!

Never heard of Chungking Express, and as I like to do, I will ignore everything about it except the personal recommendation that pointed at it and watch it. If it’s so close to Grand Budapest Hotel must be really good and unique I pressume.

4 Likes

I do the same about recommended movies.

It’s a Chinese movie by Hong-Kong director Wong Kar-Wai. One of the finest directors this world has ever made breathe. He’s also the director of the globally-renowned In The Mood for Love.

I love Asian cinema.

1 Like

Crazy eyes!

2 Likes

I saw the trailer in cinema but it wasn’t in any cinemas near me and I didn’t want to pirate this bc it looks awesome. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Well, I’m fairly pro-piracy in a fair way. I do have a collection of hundreds of music albums, a high number of videogames and some movies, and a lot of them wouldn’t be purchased ever if I never experienced for free in the first place.

I’m not buying art roleplaying as a blind person, I do buy what it’s worth, and I do not use what I think it’s fine but I don’t want to support.

Someone could try to argue the big public is full of greed, but Kickstarter, Patreon, Twitch, and so on prove it wrong. Hell, even some bands release their albums online for free and weeks later they sell thousands of copies if not more (I do own some albums where that was the case).

So, all in all, I recommend you pirating it and, later on buying a DVD or some other form of support. You can also maybe try to order a DVD online but most Amazon-like places are evil. Maybe something like Netfix or so but I’m a total iliterate on that particular matter.

2 Likes

yeah, I was planning to buy the DVD but I will see how it goes.