FEZ free @Epic Games Store

19 Likes

Free next week, Aug 29 - Sep 05…

13 Likes

Thanks dude

9 Likes

You’re most welcome, my good sir!

11 Likes

did u just assume that manly man’s gender?

it’s 2019, he might identify as a teapot or something like that

10 Likes

Wow, they are still putting more games into this growing freebie list that are so enticing… I have been wanting to play Celeste for a while, so it’s nice that next week it will be a free option at least.

9 Likes

I sure did. I think now i’ll go apply to work at a gamestop.

11 Likes

That last reply - simply brilliant, lol

Seriously though, I really wish I had my new computer already! I’ve heard about Celeste - cool, but difficult. Inside is a pretty good game too - something akin to Limbo I believe. Incredibly good offers - it still boggles the brain how they’re still doing it.

7 Likes

Celeste is great (very well-rounded game) and one of its main creative artists (Pedro Medeiros) lives in my city, São Paulo, Brazil! He’s part of Mini Boss.

Haven’t had the chance to meet him yet but I’d love to. :blush:

As for INSIDE, I highly recommend it. Very atmospheric and superior do Limbo in countless ways. Also highly memorable and has remarkable direction, turning it into a great example of a “show, not tell” video game that lets you reach your own conclusions. Don’t forget to hunt for secrets and a secondary, optional, ending! :+1:

10 Likes

That will be awesome indeed! Mind, for stories whose endings I don’t like, I often slash or fan-fiction them in my head (for own amusement, lol).

Do hope you get to meet that artist someday. Man, the more you talk about Brazil, the more amazing it sounds! :sunny:

5 Likes

Wow, next week is really good.
I haven’t played Celeste but I really look forward to it, and Inside is fantastic.
Fun fact: They’re the only two indie games to be nominated for GOTY at The Game Awards.

7 Likes

First free game there I’d rather not even see in my library. I look forward to Celeste though.

5 Likes

While I know exactly where you’re coming from and why, we’ve (as in myself and others) have already pushed this subject on other threads and, to be frank, I tried focusing on the good stuff: next week’s freebies.

Mind you: I’m not criticizing your attitude or anything, quite the contrary. Just thought I’d mention this has already been discussed on some other thread some time ago.

6 Likes

celeste is nice, and music is great. its a bit too easy, but getting all apples (which i obviously didnt do) is not that easy at all.

actually the game is well rounded for non hc platformer fans

6 Likes

I didn’t see said thread so I don’t know what went down there but I still needed the get that out of my system.
I’ll leave it at that for now.

6 Likes

So many bribes to use Epic games lol
Celeste looks goood

6 Likes

I don’t recall having had a discussion on Fez on these forums before. It’s rather old news though so I also don’t feel like it needs discussing any more either way.

Celeste is a pretty cool game. I watched AndersonJPH stream it some time ago and it was a very nice event. If you’re not one for these sort of games but want to see the story and some great executions I’d highly recommend it as an option. All streams should still be available but they’re also on his 2nd youtube channel. If you all don’t mind the brief shilling. : )

4 Likes

I said this to someone else just today. The last Steam event was a pay out bribe to Steam users - wishlist lure. shrug A spade is a spade. Not looking to start anything.

Everyone has their opinion and respectfully, I also have mine. In any case, looking forward to Inside (if I can run it).

5 Likes

Thanks @GeekInUndies for the heads up!

3 Likes

I had to search because I had no idea what was going on. I think there was one briefly mid February.

4 Likes