Far Cry 3 - free on Uplay

Offer available in China only, till September 8th.
https://register.ubisoft.com/far-cry-3/en-US

PandaVPN Free (Android) provides free chinese gateways.
All of the game’s language versions are available for download.

EDIT:
Same as the last time, you can claim it without a VPN, by using a mobile browser/mode - via the chinese Ubi storefront:

Make sure you’re browsing in the web browser’s mobile mode, i.e.:

• on mobile browsers - check that the browser is in its native mobile mode (not desktop mode)
  • on desktop browsers - switch to mobile mode via dev tools >> ctrl+shift+i then ctrl+shift+m (same for both Chrome and FireFox)
18 Likes

Thanks, @pegasusz! Easy as pie. Another one I’ve only heard of before. Think my Bunny might enjoy playing this one (when she’s done her studying). Cheers. :heart:

5 Likes

Mobile method doesn’t seem to work for me, I’ll see if I can get the Panda thingy to work instead. Thanks for letting us know! :slight_smile:

EDIT

Nope, free version of PandaVPN does not include Chinese servers anymore. :frowning:

3 Likes

What results are you getting?
Did you check if you have the game in the Uplay launcher? You won’t find any* of Ubi freebies anywhere on any of their web portals (in your transactions/history/library etc.).
*almost

They’re under the VIP tab on the Servers List. You can use all of them for free, you just need to watch an add.

3 Likes

It just wouldn’t work. There are no Chinese servers in that VPN anymore and when I tried to switch, it told me to upgrade. As for the actual giveaway page, the command to go mobile would give a false confirmation order.

I went to reddit and they had steps there that ended up working. Had to use an agent switcher, and it immediately recognized! :slight_smile:

(P.S The Division is also free, just to let you know)

3 Likes

If User-Agent Switcher helped, it means you weren’t browsing in your browser’s mobile mode. The only thing this extension does is spoofing the user agent string in the HTTP header.

Panda:

3 Likes

I mean, I was, I know I was. It even had the mobile UI and the mobile URL.

3 Likes

In that case it’s one of those mysteries of IT when something made a difference even though it had no right to;)

3 Likes

Thanks, @SeekerSupreme :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

I am having such a bad day today, I think I will wait until tomorrow to attempt this. Right now, I could screw up a FREE Lunch.

4 Likes

Thanks for the post. Got it through Firefox in responsive design mode. :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks @SeekerSupreme :ok_hand:

I actually own the CD but went ahead and got it this way too. :smirk:

5 Likes

Thank you for the @, managed to grab it as well :blush:

6 Likes

Hope you are getting better now

5 Likes

Thanks, @pegasusz :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

I think ALL this crap is starting to get to me and when things go wrong it just intensifies everything.

5 Likes

Yea, I know those moments too. The only thing I could do was getting myself busy with something else more pleasant for a while :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks @SeekerSupreme !!

5 Likes

RESTOCKED

Main sale page with the offer:

Best to go through the sale page as the offer links are different for different regions, eg.:
https://store.ubi.com/us/far-cry-3/575ffd98a3be1633568b4d6e.html
https://store.ubi.com/eu/far-cry–3/56c4947a88a7e300458b45de.html

Going through here seems to work as well (in various regions):
https://register.ubisoft.com/far-cry-3/

…experiment:D

8 Likes

Thanks @SeekerSupreme :sparkles: :dizzy: :sparkles: - I was just going to post about Far Cry 3 (I just got it). Thanks for pointing out using the main sale page, I had to figure that out on my own. :nerd_face:

(ps - I own the original CD, but who knows if that would work these days).

3 Likes

Well, Ubisoft is confusing as always. Says it’s added, but there is no way to see a full list of my owned games on mobile.

PS. Thanks @SeekerSupreme It was easier when Ubisoft club was still a thing.

3 Likes

Weird - I had already claimed it last year but I still get the option to claim it while logged in on the website. I can see it in my library if I open UPlay but the client still shows me the offer and behaves like I don’t own it. Guess the only software their Devs know how to build are games! :roll_eyes:

4 Likes