Fanatical Lunar New Year Sale

https://www.fanatical.com/en/on-sale

The Lunar New Year celebrations have already begun here at Fanatical, as we’re launching thousands of awesome PC game deals across the store!

You’ll be able to grab the biggest and best releases as well as classic, popular titles from huge publishers throughout the sale, with huge savings that you don’t want to miss out on.

In addition to these cracking deals, any customer who spends $10 or more on store will also be eligible for a free gift. Elsewhere, we have some new and exclusive bundles launching as part of the Lunar New Year celebrations, and a contest where you can win a big shopping spree to spend on store.

Here’s what the free gift is, according to their blog:

Everyone loves a freebie, right? We hear you, and that’s why we’re offering a little something extra when you spend with us during the Fanatical Lunar New Year Sale.

As part of the festivities, shoppers will not only save on the best AAA and Indie PC games around, many of you will also receive a digital red envelope with some fantastic rewards inside.

How can I get a Lunar New Year free gift

It’s quite simple for you to grab a free gift during our Lunar New Year Sale. Any customer who spends $10 or over will receive a special red envelope once they’ve completed their transaction.

From there, you’ll be instructed to claim your free gift!

What free gift can I claim?

So, you’ve completed your purchase and received your mysterious red envelope in the ‘Order History & Keys’ section of your Fanatical account - but what’s next?

Well, from here you’ll be able to redeem you free gift. You’ll either receive a free coupon which, once revealed, will randomly give you anything from $0.50 to $500 to spend on store!

Or you’ll receive a randomly selected from one of these fantastic Steam PC titles*

Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Dungeon Siege II

Dungeon Siege

Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!!

GRIP: Combat Racing

Chris Sawyer’s Locomotion

GRID - 2019

Distrust

DiRT Rally

Table Manners: The Physics-Based Dating Game

For The King

Niffelheim

Orwell: Ignorance is Strength

FRAMED Collection

Orwell: Keeping an Eye On You

Shadwen

Outward

Painkiller Complete Pack

Reventure

*While stocks last

15 Likes

Thanks @Luxen :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

4 Likes

Thanks for letting us know.

Fanatical could have been a little more enticing. So spend $10 and I get a gift card with a random $ amount or I get a random game.

That’s a lot of randomness when it’s trying to convince me its a free gift. It might be worth it if you were planning to spend the $10 anyway.

If anyone tries this, let me know how it went.

7 Likes

I wonder what the distribution for the giftcard values looks. If it’s a plain dice roll with every number having equal chances then you’d be a fool to not take that option. Some how I doubt it though. Around here, at least, any lottery or other sort of chance based opportunity to win anything has to provide the odds in print for each possible win.

But then I believe we would also have an issue calling something a “free gift” if it requires you to spend money to attain it. Those sort of things are usually called a “gift with purchase”.

5 Likes

I got Cook, Serve, Delicious 2! out of it.

Bought Don’t Feed the Monkeys and For The King (best combo of games I was interested in that put me just over $10)

6 Likes

Great! Could you clarify this part:

You’ll either receive a free coupon which, once revealed, will randomly give you anything from $0.50 to $500 to spend on store!
Or you’ll receive a randomly selected from one of these fantastic Steam PC titles*

Did you choose the random game option? Or did you have no choice between it giving you the gift card or it giving you a game?

5 Likes

open envelope → get thing

Pretty much what it was, Unless I missed something.

6 Likes