Falling back into the depths.... (formerly clicker games, etc,) what are some old games that you used to play tons but stopped for whatever reason?

Well guys, it’s been fun knowing you… I made the mistake of opening up Cookie Clicker again.

In all seriousness, anyone else have any simple/dumb games they just keep playing?

Edit: updated title for the sake of discussion.

9 Likes

Yea, better known as MMOs

10 Likes

Sure do.

Sk%C3%A6rmbillede%20(1)

And before you ask, yes. It’s also a clicker.

Basically crack cocaine for the eyes. :dash::eye: :eye:

11 Likes

Temple Run and Temple Run 2 for me on the stupid old cell phone I keep at the bedside for an alarm clock… It’s a stupid game, no variation, but I am such a sucker for score chasers that I try and try and try some more… And when each run lasts for about 30 minutes… it just kills me that I still play the game… :frowning:

6 Likes

Tap Wizard on Mobile…cookie clicker never had any appeal to me tho, looks so very boring imho :o
Used to play Realm Grinder and Clicker Heroes on Steam, but am done wt those fortunately. Now I’m addicted to Reddit tho :confused:

5 Likes

https://206.81.1.216/t/paperclips/7296?u=xist

5 Likes

Man I forgot about that one. Amazing how people can make these games and people just keep playing them… Don’t mind me just trying it out again.

4 Likes

I didn’t mean to resurrect this pretty useless thread, just wanted to immortalize this glorious screenshot.

My Dedication to Trivial Short-term Satisfaction.

Sk%C3%A6rmbillede%20(5)

6 Likes

Never played it and I’m guessing it should stay that way looking at those hours. That does deserve to be immortalized. I think?:thinking:

1 Like

It’s a clicker, so yeah. I’d never recommend it to anybody! So the whole thing is just seeing “the big number” going infinitely up. But it’s fine, i’m not addicted. :cold_sweat:

2 Likes

Alright following @YQMaoski’s recent review, and the fact that I managed to get my backup computer working again, I redownloaded Spelunky. Part of it was curiosity, and part of it was nostalgia.

I found that my own muscle memory surprised me. I picked it up with very little issue, and found that my hands still automatically pushed the right keys without much rustyness. Still brutally hard, but not nearly as bad as I feared.

I’m putting this in this topic cause I feel it still applies, and it seemed unnecessary to make a second topic.

3 Likes

It’s a perfectly good topic to be talking about games that seemingly retire. :slight_smile:

3 Likes