Evolvation on Steam for 48 hours (probably)

Here’s a hyperlink in case the Steam one doesn’t work again > Evolvation

The reviews are amusing to say the least. No idea what’s going on with this one, but it seems to have cards :smiley:

It seems the game revoked plenty of keys, you can see more about this here:

12 Likes

Capture
Oh dear, what did they do to deserve this?
That’s a pretty rare review score.

6 Likes

I just edited in the reason :smiley: Revoking keys ^

3 Likes

Your right the reviews are pretty amusing to read. Especially since the developer responded to like all of them.

3 Likes

Capture

Wow, how is it even possible to accidentally revoke all the keys registered?

8 Likes

Apparently. The developer mentions something about how many game keys they had attempted to give away were being sold illegally, so in an attempt to solve that problem they revoked everything.

3 Likes

This is a talent in my book! Even a superpower!

2 Likes

What a mess. I feel sorry for the guy!:worried:

8 Likes

I feel very sorry about the developer :persevere:, I understand his attempt to fight against the keys that were being sold illegally … but still… :confounded::broken_heart:

3 Likes

The fact that Steam allows devs to revoke ALL KEYS is mildly concerning to me.
Poor dev :confused:

7 Likes

the response from valve, that they (supposedly) acknowledge the mistaken ban, but are unable to undo it, -yet refuses to supply him with a mere 10k keys as replacement, has me slightly puzzled to the point where i think there might be other stuff going on with this game/dev too (potentially unrelated to this specific incident)
since under the new policy Valve (should) would “only” deny more/new/extra keys to dev/games deemed to “take advantage of Steam”, aka bad faith devs or fake games/card farm games.
if “he” is not, and his game just had so little attention/sold so poorly it still got put in that same "unworthy of extra keys"bracket, that’s sorta a bit sad, more so if Valve are unable(or uninterested?) to assist or solve this if it’s all just “an honest mistake”

(and this is why you never push the big red button kids!) :triumph:

6 Likes

It’s sad that I can’t even get into the tutorial, too ._.

2 Likes

So do I. It sucks. :frowning:

1 Like

Don’t worry guys! The concurrent player numbers
Evolvation%20Player%20numbers
and the reviews are all getting sorted out as we speak
Evolvation%20Reviews

It was a really good thing the 2 devs managed to make it free for some time, because the peak this game had was about 110 players beforehand. Yes it’s true they aren’t making money now, (except if ppl decided to donate if feeling bad for the devs) but this is pretty big commercial if the game is really good and maybe they can make far more money in the end of the line :stuck_out_tongue:

Some mistakes (I really wanted to say fuck ups but… probably next time) lead to benefits! The stars started to align back in order? :slight_smile:

… Or ppl are just idling for cards. We live in a complicated world :smiley:

6 Likes

servers are so full i cant even get past “Select a spaceship”, so i have to wait later when the players number starts dropping a little.

4 Likes