Everyone's getting Downwell.

I love this game. I’ve had it for a while on GOG, and I like to play the crap out of it.

I noticed that a lot of Chronies are getting this game on Steam, and it has those Steam leaderboards.

The leaderboards have certainly added a ton of value to Mini Metro, so I was wondering if this might be a thing for Downwell. I’d definitely spend 74 cents to be able to play with you guys, even though I already own it on GOG.

Just wondering.

10 Likes

I’ve had it on Steam for awhile and used to play it a lot on my phone. I was never that good at it, but will happily revisit it and try to improve if this becomes a thing on the forum.

4 Likes

i just got it because ITAD told me it was cheap :flushed: (tho i/it also messed up slightly and i got it on steam when was actually cheaper for me on Humble -but at the time it didn’t display that)
tho seriously i have no idea when i get around to try it,
-i have a nasty habit of just buying games because “reasons” and then have them sit in my backlog for a long time while i’m doing other stuff…
“uuhhh look; my bellybutton!”
…wait what were we talking about? :crazy_face: :thinking:
anyways i see lots of chronies that already have it, so maybe they would enjoy making it a thing like the mini metro challenge ? what do you say well dwellers!?

and maybe i’ll jump in, down?, too “someday”… :thinking: no promises tho :blush: (-got a couple of other games lined up next “first”)

3 Likes

74 cents!!! What do you think I am a millionaire??? IMAGINE THE THINGS I COULD BUY WITH THAT

But seriously. It seems like a pretty neat game worth a little below a bucks antler.

8 Likes

Downwell’s pretty good for a game that normally costs $3. I have it on Steam and Android and although I like to think I’m somewhat good at the game on PC, I never quite got used to the touchscreen controls and have yet to beat it there.

Also $0.74 is a fantastic price.

3 Likes

Ok I bought the game. With minor regrets from the “Cheap” side of my brain.
If I go broke you owe me m8

4 Likes

I bought downwell a long time back when Caddicarus on YouTube reviewer it. It’s a lot of fun, although some of the themes you can change are better than others. The new abilities are cool though.

4 Likes

I just played for a few quick runs… Didn’t make it too far. It looks simple, but it’s fairly difficult. I like the ease of controls. Definitely going to go back for more later.

3 Likes

Just looked it up and noticed it’s on my not interested list. The screenshots made my eyes bleed. I cnt se e wha i tpe an y mor

3 Likes

I have a question :raising_hand_man:
It’s kind of dumb…but can someone tell me, what score is in this game. Is it how many gems you have or how far you get :face_with_raised_eyebrow:?

1 Like

Seems to be how many gems you have when you die. The biggest issue is shops use gems to purchase… I do not know whether that lowers your score if you make purchases, like in Spelunky… I have only picked up free upgrades/items so far, have not purchased anything from the shop yet.

1 Like

Thanks, I guess I’ll stop buying things from the shop if it lowers my score :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I believe the bet to make is that the stuff you buy can help you get far further and give you a return on the investment.

3 Likes

Definitely, after getting some mechanics down, if you are confident about making it farther, for sure.

2 Likes

I just tried it out, so actually, there is no deduction after purchase of your total score, it’s completely how many you have collected:

See my score at 658 and I have 108 gems, after spending 550 in the first shop I ran into.

And that shows here on the leaderboards:

So definitely, if there’s something good in the shop, buy it! It does not subtract from your total score. So use all your gems to your advantage.

5 Likes