Everyone's Favorite Game of 2015?

SOMA might be mine. I love horror and the atmosphere in that game was amazing to experience. Next up would be Rainbow Six: Siege. I put so many hours into that game and it’s the most fun I’ve had in MP since Halo.

1 Like

Uhm… This technically wasn’t released in 2015, but I recently found out about Alien: Isolation and it’s one of the best games I’ve ever played.

Witcher 3 is probably top otherwise.

1 Like

If you haven’t said Undertale by now, quit lying to yourself :blossom:

1 Like

I haven’t played Undertale, so I can’t call it my GOTY.

1 Like

I honestly feel like most people say Undertale is their favorite game just because it’s cool to say that at the moment. It was a fun game but I seriously can’t comprehend how that game could beat all the other good releases from 2015.

2 Likes

I don’t know. After listening to Giant Bomb’s game of the year podcasts, it seems like people genuinely have passion and love for that game. I say that as not really enjoying it and only playing an hour or so, but there were some really good arguments made.

2 Likes

You get it or you don’t, basically. Undertale is amazing because theres a lot of stuff to do, and the game is there with you at every step, responding to even the most ridiculous things you could think of. There is so much more content in that game than even I know about, and I’ve played that game for like 20 hours, and watched even more hours of people playing it, seeing new content each time. I could spend hours just talking about how much STUFF there is in that game, because it just isn’t clear until you start seeing it. If you enjoy poking at games until they poke back, Undertale is your dream game. It manages to “keep up” where most games would not be able to.

2 Likes

Treating Undertale like a fluke is a mistake. There are very simple reasons why people latched on to it and hyped it to high hell. It beats anything from 2015, not to say there wasn’t a great lineup.

1 Like

Witcher 3 by a long shot. CD Projekt really outdid themselves and have created a true classic that will be the measuring stick for CRPGs and open world games in general for years to come.

Now onto unpopular opinions mildly related to the topic:

Undertale is a fluke and honestly the hype around it is doing it a great disservice at this point.

Fallout 4 is underwhelming as hell and not even a real RPG. The Fallout name has been officially run into the ground and Bethesda cannot make good RPGs anymore.

Unpopular opinion disclaimer: These are obviously highly biased personal opinions based on expectations vs reality. Both Undertale and Fallout are good games - but not what I wanted or was expected of them, or simply not that good compared to the general hype.

2015 was a great year for gaming in general IMO, but also showcases that nowadays hype trains drive everything and a lot of releases got somewhat overlooked for no good reason but being overshadowed by an unrelated game’s hype train or simply poor release date timing. Personally it feels that the Internet’s collective attention just fixates on one game for several months and everything else gets sidelined. Hopefully more curated sites like this one will pop up to highlight great games that were unnoticed.

2 Likes

My favorite would have to be Pillars of Eternity. It came out of the blue. I bought it on a whim, and loved it so much.

In fact, I loved it so much that when Wizards of the Coast announced Sword Coast Legends and marketed it as a game like Baldurs Gate with an active DM mode, I bought the $300 preorder so I would have 5 licenses for me and friends. I thought Pillars with a DM-----WOOHOOO!!

It ended up being a generic arpg with a quasi dm mode, and I was able to get a refund.

Pillars of Eternity for my favorite game and Sword Coast Legends (for related reasons) asmy least favorite game.

1 Like

That’s a tough one! Especially because I don’t even know what I played and if so when I played it and if I’m lucky to remember the two I wouldn’t be sure if it got release in 2015! :smiley:
Let me think for a second… and as I said, probably not from 2015 whatsoever.
Lisa was a great game. The Beginner’s Guide. Mh… Titan Souls!
I think these would be the ones I’d be confident about to recommend.

Edit: Two of them were actually released in 2015! Not bad haha

1 Like

For me it’s definitely The Witcher 3. In my opinion CDPR finally fixed all major problems, which TW1 and TW2 had - like fast travels, mount, good crafting and finally - after 9 years since TW1 - Geralt can jump. :smiley: And my soul of map completionist was very, very pleased. So much question marks, so much place to explore. I think that next time I’ll try finish the English version of it, cause I’m actually curious how they translated Polish sayings. I am fan of Sapkowski’s saga since I was kid - good for me I’m from Poland, so I had no problem to get those to read. The world of witcher is amazing and I was enjoing every easter egg and saga reference through all the parts of game. The most disappointing part of the game - Triss and Yennefer. I don’t want to say why, if someone hasn’t read the books, I just think that a lot of things was change in games only because of “fan service”.
So, again - great job, CDPR. It definitely wasn’t boring.

1 Like

I liked Broforce very much, it was just a lot of fun with my friends and Splatoon, i would love to see this game somehow on the pc, i only played it on my friends wii.

2 Likes

Favourite Game I played in 2015 - Witcher 3
Favourite Game from 2015 - Life is Strange.

While I’ve sunk far more hours into Witcher, LiS definitely had the bigger impact on me.

2 Likes

Mine’d probably be Shadowrun: Hong Kong for games actually released in 2015, although I feel like the Witcher 3 would probably win if I’d ever gotten around to buying it. I also played a bunch of GTA 5 since it only came out on PC last year but I dunno if you can really count it.

1 Like

indent preformatted text by 4 spaces

1 Like

Never heard of that one. :wink:

1 Like