ES File Explorer Has Had Security Flaws Since Jan. 16th.- NOTHING DONE!!!

FYI…They have know about this since Jan. 16th and nothing has been done. You really need to remove it from your Android device.

I used to use ES but I haven’t in a couple of years or more.
“X-plore allows you to see inside of your Android device. And also outside. This is a dual-pane explorer, there are two folders shown at same time, and common operation such as copying files are done from one pane to another. And X-plore shows folder hierarchy in a tree view for clear orientation and fast switching to other location. You may explore internals of the device, and if you’re power user and have your device rooted, you can make changes to system data - backup files, remove unwanted applications, etc. If you’re standard user, you may choose to hide internal memory from view and be sure not to mess with system. You can comfortably see contents of mass memories on your device, or possibly attached USB memory stick. Simple app manager allows to see, run, copy, share, uninstall and further explore installed applications.”

And so much more.

X-plore File Manager

11 Likes

Man that’s bad. I’m happy I already switched to X-plore a long time ago after ES implemented ads.

5 Likes

I hope they do something about it soon

3 Likes

Thank you for letting us know. :slightly_smiling_face:

I think ES was a decent file manager years back, but with every update it kept getting worse in my opinion, so many pop-ups and unnecessary changes. It got annoying to use after a while.

6 Likes

Only file manager outside of what windows has provided I’ve ever used was Norton commander.

And we used this one mostly because it could send files over direct connect cables easily. I never saw the point of 3rd party file managers/explorers when “windows explorer” does everything I want it to.

6 Likes

I switched to X-plore now, thanks @delenn13, was using ES because it was recommended by a friend when I asked for a file manager for android.

4 Likes

This is Android we are talking about you realise? Android only has an extremely basic file manager built in.

Anyway, ES Pro is still good to use, but since it calls home to China since forever I switched to FX Explorer and I’m quite satisfied

3 Likes

Clearly not, that makes more sense then.
But there still exists these things for the windows platform as well and I know a lot of people who use them so my confusion about it remains.

4 Likes