Epic Games just bought Fall Guys Dev đź‘€

apparently, for the moment it will remain available on Steam, but I’m pretty sure it will get removed sooner or later, just like Rocket League was

10 Likes

I don’t mind this acquisition but the only part I don’t like is if they do that.

5 Likes

lol

Them money bags yoooo.

I hope people drop this game like its hot, rancid garbage.

On that note, this sort of thing should not be legally allowed.

5 Likes

Hope not. If the game continues to be good, it’d be cool for it to keep going. T_T

5 Likes

Not at this cost. No one should tolerate this behavior. It is even worse than being an exclusive off the bat.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Whaaaat?

I shouldn’t be surprised since Epic Games tries to chase the hype. Probably bought them for a few million $.

Almost guaranteed to become free-to-play and only on Epic store.

5 Likes

I wonder how long it will take for them to become something like EA that just destroyed smaller studios when they didn’t make them enough money anymore

3 Likes

gonna guess a while with their end goal in mind
also doesn’t seem like they are just vacuuming up anything in sight but are taking specific game/studios
-plus i have a tiny little (completely unfounded) suspicion of what might have lead to this deal.
also guessing even tho it’s technically a publicly traded company, sweeney and 10cent basically owning all of it, also means they aren’t as beholden to shareholders like other companies willing to nickel 'n dime studios to the slaughterhouse

2 Likes

ofv2pcuqwnk61

4 Likes

Yeah, I’ve read about it. Hopefully it’'s gonna be still available on Steam but in the worst case scenario it’s gonna be one of those hostile takeovers like what happened to the developers of Torchlight.

All in all, it’s another good example of the good ol’ “cold and harsh” capitalistic world we live in, where the big sharks prey on the small fish to expand their operations and eliminate possible “threats” to their schemes.

3 Likes

I was thinking about getting this. Now I am not sure. :thinking:

2 Likes

Seriously can Epic Games just fuck off from these good games on Steam, they bought Rocket League and year later the game require you to have an Epic account to play it on Steam, also, they dropped Linux Support eventhough it worked before. They are literally creating these exclusive games like on console and i dont like it at all ಠ︵ಠ

1 Like

Believe me, they will pull it off Steam, just like what they did with Rocket League

1 Like

Well I prefer steam over other platforms unless the game isn’t available on steam, but you’re right I don’t like the “Exclusive” stuff but in this case, is different, you see, Blizzard games are available only on Battle.net same with Origin and others (Now some are in steam too or GOG) but this Epic thing is like “I WANT F*CKING EVERYTHING” and it isn’t right, it’s a shame for the game, looks funny but I believe that will end up the same as Rocket league

2 Likes

I agree for the F2P games but don’t worry about single player games.

Remember when Hades came out as Epic exclusive in 2018? Nobody else did either! Nobody knew it or talked about it. But when Hades came out on Steam in 2019, suddenly everyone finds out it was a good game. As though it was a new release.

When games are epic exclusive, it’s as though it is in closed beta until it is released on Steam.

2 Likes

It’s because Epic’s audience is strictly a Fortnite audience. Others grab the free games but never really play them. No one really wants to be part of Epic. They don’t know them, they don’t trust them. All of their friends and their games, and their trust, lies in Steam.

Epic is dividing and killing the gaming world with its exclusive and scummy deals, and horrible business practices and alliances with a country to mine and sell foreign data.

8 Likes