Epic Games Freebies Thread

Yea I tried that too didnt work for me strangely but ay not in a rush to get then x3

6 Likes

Try searching for this in the Prison Architect page:

Firefox_Screenshot_2021-12-09T17-34-41.307Z

Then add it to your library.

5 Likes

Thanks @carvalho20ptc :sparkles: :dizzy: :sparkles:

How did you know that the Mystery game next week will be “Shenmue III” ? :eyes:

5 Likes

It leaked on Reddit.

Firefox_Screenshot_2021-12-09T17-53-57.498Z

7 Likes

Okay its working now ^^ thanks

6 Likes

Not this Mac apparently O_o. I can’t even claim stuff. Get error message. Will have to use tablet, think. Herm.

6 Likes

Xmas Giveaway Event - Mystery Game #1:

https://www.epicgames.com/store/p/shenmue-3

Next Game - Mystery Game #2.

Here’s a rumor from FreeGameFindings:

Next freebie from Epic is: Fuser + justin Timberlake addon pack (full game + a music DLC for the game).

Trick is to change the date of your PC to the next day and the mystery freebie is revealed.

Doesn’t work on browsers, only works when using the launcher

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/fuser

10 Likes

Thanks @carvalho20ptc :sparkles: :dizzy: :sparkles:

I knew this would be a popular game, their website is very slow right now. :eyes:

And, looking forward to the DAILY deals from now through Christmas. :nerd_face:

4 Likes

No problem, and yes I think the site is overloaded since it took me a few tries to claim the game. :cold_sweat:

Now I have it on Steam and Epic.

5 Likes

I’m struggling to claim the game and its been out for a few hours now xP just goes on infinitely loading then I go back to the claim page same thing still

4 Likes

Try from your phone. Epic servers are going nuts since the game is out.

I can’t even log in with the launcher properly. :-1:

4 Likes

Wonder why so many people want to play Shenmue, the originals were very interesting for their time, but they were also tedious and did not respect the players time. I claimed the game, but have little need to look for sailors or drive forklifts.

7 Likes

Sadly you are right. It is mostly nostalgia now. I will repost why we liked the game at the time.

Lol. I’m not surprised. And I even tell people that if you didn’t play the originals at the time, it’s near impossible to appreciate it. Not to mention it was released on two out-competed consoles sega and dreamcast.

Here are some things that made it a “big deal” at the time.
Day-night system. Wow so life-like and realistic!
Weather changes. More realistic!
Quick time events. This is new and so cool!
Mini-games. I can play games while playing a game! Its like I bought several games!
NPC with daily schedules. What!? They don’t just stand in place? It’s like they’re alive!
And there were some thought provoking lessons for children to learn that are probably cheezy now.

Nowadays, I consider online battle royale fps games and mobas to not respect my time. When I played league of legends years and years ago, I tried to figure out why people liked it. I pick a character, level it up, do pvp and pve, and win/lose. Then I restart from the first step all over again. I didn’t feel progression or permanence in what I was doing and the gameplay didn’t get me excited or interested.

Now I understand that was LoL’s game loop and I am unsatisfied with things like that. The game needs to be very fun to get me to join such a repetitive game loop.

That is probably why I like strategy games where I build toward something or single player games where I play through an engaging story.

4 Likes

Ahhh thats what Im using already (as I don’t often open my laptop and as it doesnt charge so quick thanks for the advice though) I was planning to try on laptop later in morning (its too early here ha) in my timezone b4 the deal expires xD with the launcher but that doesnt too hopeful xP
The mobile claim site still isn’t working for me im afraid :frowning: it goes a step further now than just being blank but network errors

If I do manage to get this game now feels like id have to play it. Yeah im surprised how many ppl want this game its not exactly GTA haha

5 Likes

I think Shenmue is still good for the narrative alone, even if the gameplay is tedious. I still think fondly of that, at least. xD

5 Likes

Finally got it to claim without any issues now so I guess it’s all loading good and well now hehe

5 Likes

Mystery Game #2:

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/neon-abyss

Next game - Mystery Game #3. Place your bets which’s gonna be the next game!

Rumour it is that the next game will be “Remnant of The Ashes”, which has already been given away in the past.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/p/remnant-from-the-ashes

11 Likes

That’s a pretty flashy and fun game!

6 Likes

Indeed it is. I’ve bought it last year during Steam’s Summer Sale and it’s a great fun game which’ll surely keep you busy. :+1:

4 Likes

Who say all these people claiming are even going to play the game :pensive:

5 Likes