Epic free Mars bar

yep, just tasted them now :joy:

there’s always next time :cow:

American biscuits :joy:

1 Like

Why are they called American biscuit when they’re from Sweden, what American’s call biscuits is a soft bread type affair and they would call this a cookie? It’s just all wrong in every way.

2 Likes

because this is Egypt, my dude

if they say they’re American, they’re American, even though the box clearly says Sweden, which is why i bought them just to try them and tell u about it :joy: but they’re rly good, so i might get them again and try the others as well

Some ppl have repeatedly called me an American as well, just cuz im a foreigner, even after telling them I’m from Belgium :joy:

and some, having never heard of “Belgica” thought it must be some Arab country they never heard of cuz although I speak Arabic with an obvious accent, it is Arabic so i must be an Arab. :joy:

some think Belgium is the capital city of Brussels, cuz some Egyptian football player used to play for Anderlecht, which is in Brussels, so they know “Brussels” and then Belgium sounds familiar and related to that

there’s a bit of an ignorance problem going on in this part of the world, on so many levels :man_facepalming:

@Fraggles I do wonder, how much do those cost locally for u in $?

4 Likes

You do not hold the market on ignorance. It’s everywhere…

" You know, Joe Biden’s not even real. That’s why he’s wearing a mask all the time, because the fake face that he’s wearing, the mouth doesn’t move correctly when he talks.’ Yeah, so they really believe that Joe Biden is not even Joe Biden."

3 Likes

I wish we could live in a world where people could have a discussion about mars bars and biscuits without someone having to make it about American politics, there are other things in the world not everything has to be about American politics.

5 Likes

ah, grumpy old man, she’s just making a point about ignorance, politics wasn’t the end goal here, but ofc i also get what yr saying, anyways

3 Likes

It’s not really ignorance though that was linked. It’s pure batshit crazy. It’s not due to lack of information or knowledge. It’s making some colorful BS up. I don’t know what they are smoking, but it must be super strong.

1 Like

for sure, but insanity of this kind is also a product of ignorance imo

you can make ignorant ppl believe whatever u want if u come at them the right way

1 Like

was looking for another cookie meme, but this is funnier

8 Likes

from Imgflip Meme Generator

2 Likes
5 Likes

Regarding the Mars Bar. How i have been told it is that sometime in the 1920s-30s, Mr. Mars Jr worked for his father Mr. Mars Sr overseeing candy production (Snickers, Milky Way etc.). They had a disagreement of sorts and Jr. got money from his father to set up business in a foreign market.

Mr. Mars Jr. set up production in proximity to a big malt producer and produced Mars Bar with the Milky Way recipe and Maltesers. I don’t know how the american Mars Bar was made, but it was obviously a new candy to capitalize on the Mars Bar name.

There is more to this interesting story as so much of the chocolate candy sold in the west originates between 1920-1970.

6 Likes

:heart: and interesting history.

3 Likes

yep, those are definitely the best ones I’ve had so far, though they taste surprisingly close to Belgian speculoos biscuits, which is kinda weird to me, cuz i dont think those contain almonds (though apparently some variants are made with almond flour)

i had the cappuccino ones as well but didn’t like those that much, which kinda surprised me too. I usually love everything cappuccino/coffee/mocha related

4 Likes

Lotus biscuits r good you can get lotus biscuit ice cream here it’s tastyy

3 Likes