Epic ‘Dec 23’ Free Game: TROPICO 5

NOTE: If the website is not working, just use the Epic Games Launcher to grab the game.

13 Likes

nice but i have strategy games on steam but i am bad in genre ajajajaj

6 Likes

Ohhh!

6 Likes

@cacronia I can tell you that Tropico is really fun to play, relaxing and very funny (you can see what the cows are thinking). It’s not hard like most strategy games. In the game, you are just trying to see if you can remain the president of a tropical island, either by making the people happy or by using force. You should try it. It’s free to get (must get today). :nerd_face:

7 Likes

Anyone else keep getting logged out from the epic store every time you visit?
Every time I go to the store it does a redirect thing with a logout token and then reloads the store page forcing me to keep logging in every time despite asking for it to remember me.

5 Likes

OMG i already have 184 games on EGS :grin:

@Fraggles only happens to me when they’re overloaded, like with GTA V and Alien a few days ago, but i always use launcher rather than browser

5 Likes

yup, been doing that for months for me now, it’s super annoying, and i’ve no clue why it resets the login token/cookie

alrighty, let me just get the Inquisition on hand so we can start a bonfire :face_with_monocle:

6 Likes

almost all of these were given by them for free :joy:

6 Likes

so you admit your heretic ways? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
:fire:

:joy: i kid i kid, people should buy on epic if it suits them

6 Likes

I agree. lol

Personally I won’t buy from Epic anymore because they screwed me out of 100+ hrs of game saves. They had an issue on their cloud server and it wiped all my games. Lost quite a few timed exclusive items. Talked to support for two months trying to get a solution and all they did was say oops…here’s a $10 coupon for any purchase over $14.99

Now I only grab the free games and even go as far as to grab the free for the month Unreal Engine packs…because it costs them money and puts money in the devs pockets! :joy:

It might be a little vindictive :thinking: oh well :man_shrugging::joy:

5 Likes

Agreed, even should Epic not appeal to me in the slightest, it is a sensible position to hold. If it suits you, buy and play off of Epic games.

lol

5 Likes

I do, I do, but i promise i will show remorse as soon as Steam implements the option for developers to have regional pricing for Africa :joy:

I definitely prefer playing on Steam and having my games there, but u just can’t beat cheap regional pricing :crazy_face:

7 Likes

i know you do, and i wouldn’t ever be snobby/“steam fanboi” enough to want people to miss out on savings buying on epic,
you know i love you man, so definitely take advantage of the savings when they are there (and that big) - i’m still dumbfounded Valve hasn’t implemented more regional pricings, that seems like an area that would be easy to “increase”/compete with Epic on instead of just sticking to the old bases (but oh boi do i hope they never switch to DKR :grimacing:)

6 Likes

That is definitely a good reason to use Epic over steam.

One good thing I see about Epic entering the market is it gives Steam a good swift kick in the pants to start innovating and maybe get some more regional pricing! :wink: They’ve been king for too long and innovation kind of went stale in their complacency.

6 Likes

Thanks @markwr :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

I still have to yet install the managler :thinking: And I haven’t bought anything.

Maybe it “knows” that…so that’s why I have to sign in each time.

4 Likes

Sadly…I do not think Steam will ever move in that direction. :frowning_face:

5 Likes

Thanks for the post @markwr, I’ve got it without any issues.

Next game will be… INSIDE.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-us/product/inside/home

2 Likes

Can be Ublock and or Firefox privacy settings related if either of those things apply to you

4 Likes

yea but then something would have had to changed tho :confused:
since it worked “yesterday” and now it don’t
makes you wonder what’s different about epic/token cookie since it works fine other places

2 Likes

Ah, ok thought it was an ongoing issue.
Probably just give-away-borkedness then…

2 Likes