Epic - 2 free games: Absolute Drift, and Rage 2

NOTE: Next week’s free game will be:

16 Likes

Well, since I caved and got KH on Epic, might as well grab the freebies for myself now. Thanks for posting!

5 Likes

Recent F2P games w/ MTX additions…

8 Likes

Again, are they trolling Humble on purpose? :XD

Thanks for the reminder/update @markwr

4 Likes

Thanks @markwr :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

Thanks for the post! :+1:

And of course, some gameplay videos below:

And one for the next game:

4 Likes

wait, is it just me or does Epic actually not even disclose games needing 3rd party accounts? :thinking: - can’t seem to find it on Rage 2 or ubisoft games

7 Likes

The Ubisoft games doesn’t let you launch unless you connect to your Ubisoft account. But once it’s connected you don’t actually need the Epic launcher to run, which I like.

5 Likes

yeye, but as far as i see, Epic doesn’t even mention that tho, “needing additional client/account” - heck even fanatical and humble does that

5 Likes

No, you are right, I looked at a couple of different store pages that require separate accounts/launchers and it doesn’t say anything about that.

4 Likes

Borderlands 3 mentions both Denuvo and 3rd party eula at the end of “read more”.
Rage 2 only links Bethesdas privacy policy.
Red dead 2 list part of the eula and links to the complete eula, but under the specifications.
Assasins creed valhalla links to the privacy policy.

This could be done better, it’s probably in violation of eu rules atleast.

6 Likes

for me it’s not so much whether it’s in violation of anything, or even a “bother” to some people(since assuming people really wanted those games in the end they wouldn’t care)
it’s just yet another tiny little remark on Epic’s approach and “care” - tiny little details that are easy to implement and has been in place for ages other places
^but epic dgaf about those things because they are safe in their exclusives

5 Likes

You would think that something like this is not difficult to make transparent either, I don’t understand why they cannot just make it more obvious and easy to tell when you are buying from their store front.

5 Likes

i mean, they basically made a meme out of a shopping cart, and that’s been an online basic feature for over a decade lol :rofl:

5 Likes

The absurdity in making people pay for each item individually… talk about efficiency and who knows why else they would want people to not impulse buy a bunch of stuff… :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

worst is, as i understand it, some banks/card providers can charge you fees per transaction, so it could be cheaper for them to make a/1 big one

6 Likes

raises hand That’s me right there. So yeah. If I could, my next big thing would worth it. >.<

5 Likes