[ENDED][PSA] tinyBuild choose your own Steam game - August 25th - Alienware Arena

Hello everyone, here is an announcement for an upcoming Steam giveaway tomorrow (August 25) at Alienware Arena. Hopefully more people will be able to grab a key by knowing the times in advance. You may have already spotted it in our Upcoming Freebies calendar or the subreddit sidebar.

Details

The concept of this giveaway is that a different game will be given away every 3 hours tomorrow, but you can only get 1 of the 5 available game keys. So decide which one you want to go for from the table below and choose carefully.

This is the giveaway link tomorrow: https://na.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/2165020 (screenshot of the page). There is not expected to be a tier requirement, so the keys could go quickly again. I have included some notification options below the table, if you are interested. Feel free to make individual posts tomorrow when the games go live.

Time chart

Time Game
August 25th, 3pm UTC (your timezone) Diaries of a Spaceport Janitor (Steam)
August 25th, 6pm UTC (your timezone) Waking (Steam)
August 25th, 9pm UTC (your timezone) Lovely Planet (Steam)
August 25th, 12am UTC (your timezone) Mr. Shifty (Steam)
August 26th, 3am UTC (your timezone) Divide By Sheep (Steam)

Notifications

I wanted to mention our notification options here again, because that can really help with giveaways that go fast. If you always miss these giveaways, take a look at some of these options to see if it can help you. We provide several ways that you can receive notifications (instantly) from our subreddit:

• RSS: https://www.reddit.com/r/FreeGameFindings/wiki/rssfeed. If you are visiting us from a laptop/desktop, you can receive notifications directly from your browser or from a program. There are other ways for other devices, see the linked page on our wiki for more information.
  • Discord: On our subreddit Discord (/r/FGoS + /r/FGF) we have a feed that updates/pings within 2 minutes when a new post is made on the subreddit. Good way to stay up to date if you use Discord.
  • I have also added an event to this post (new/mobile reddit) that you can follow to get a Reddit notification when it starts. But to be honest, I’m not really sure if that notification works (never seen it).
  • Specifically for Alienware Arena, they also have a mobile app where the giveaways are announced. But I am not familiar with this app, and if the notifications arrive on time.

From FGF:

Also don’t forget that on August 25th the Game Vault will be open at 00:00 UTC:

11 Likes

Thank you @carvalho20ptc :sparkles: :dizzy: :sparkles:

One of the nicest, most thoughtful and complete posts I’ve seen in a long time. :sunrise_over_mountains:

6 Likes

This is so durn swee! of @carvalho20ptc. Not just a whole omelette but the buttered toast with jam too! Astounding. Thanks so much for organising a post like this.

I ownz all the things, sadly not played any of the things. Not sure I should try to grab and hold key for anyone (if in time), or just not participate (and keep it simple).

5 Likes

Thanks @carvalho20ptc

Hopefully I’ll be able to get something since we know the times already :grin:

6 Likes

@markwr @Danacscott @FacuBlues You’re welcome. :wink:

Also heads up: they’ve changed the schedule for the games. I’ve already edited them.

7 Likes

Thanks for this ^^

Also reminds me that Lovely Planet was the first game I got with chronocoins back when those were a thing haha
Which I enjoyed

7 Likes

Wow! Chronocoins, what a throwback. I think I will be going for Lovely Planet myself. Would you recommend?

7 Likes

Thanks for the heads up @carvalho20ptc ! I’ll try to go for Mr. Shifty myself; a friend recommended it to me once and it seemed pretty neat.

6 Likes

Thanks @carvalho20ptc :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

I am like @Danacscott …Got them all.

5 Likes

I’m going to try to get “Waking” (hope it doesn’t go too fast) :nerd_face:

4 Likes

It started, go, go, go!

First game:

6 Likes

It took less than 7 minutes for the keys to be gone for the 1st game, so when I try the next game (the one that I want, Waking) 3 hours from now, I may not be lucky because I never even saw a button come on my screen (slow loading screen) to get a key during that first game. :eyes:

5 Likes

There’s still keys. 899 to be precise.

5 Likes

900ish keys right now @markwr go, Go, GO!.. there was a delay!?!

4 Likes

That’s odd, for me it says “All out! There are no more keys left in this giveaway!” :eyes:

(also I’m not trying for the 1st game, I want the 2nd game, I only looked at the screen during the first game to see how it goes)

4 Likes

There’s still some here:

https://na.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/2165020/boards/contest-and-giveaways-global/Giveaway/tinybuild-game-key-code-giveaway

5 Likes

so maybe it doesn’t like me

4 Likes

Log out, refresh, and then log back in @markwr

3 Likes

maybe they have a certain number of keys set aside for each region. I’m USA

4 Likes

:arrow_right: Columbus, Ohio

4 Likes