[ENDED][PSA] The Game Awards Steam Deck Sticker - Enters you for a steam deck raffle as well

HOW THE GIVEAWAY WILL WORK

You must register to enter the drawing and be watching The Game Awards on Steam to be eligible to win.

To register, you must be in the US, Canada, UK, or the EU, have made purchase on Steam between November 14, 2021 and November 14, 2022 to verify the country, be in good standing, and not have a limited account. Learn about limited accounts.

On December 8th when The Game Awards airs, every minute a random name will be drawn from the pool of registrants currently watching the show on Steam.

Hey guys, I’ve got my own Steam Deck! :partying_face:

Well, at least I got something. As usual South America gets excluded from the good stuff. :pensive:

10 Likes

There isn’t much that could make me want to watch the game awards again, but I guess for the possibility of a steam deck I might let it run in the background on mute.

8 Likes

Only reason I ever watch is for the new game announcements. I could not care less about the actual awards. The awards are just given to whatever game has the biggest marketing budget. Vampire Survivors made an entire genre this year with dozens of clones popping up. Yet, they were nominated for a single award. On the other hand a walking simulator with virtually no story where you’re a cat got nominated for several.

7 Likes

Can’t agree that a puzzle driven game is a walking simulator. Also, I watched Jackson Galaxy melt over the animations and accuracy in cat behaviours while playing the game. The micro movements are detailed af too and really accurate. If you have watched cats enough, you know that making one true to life in a game is no small feat.

As for story, neither own the game or seen a full story so can’t comment. However, Scorn technically has no story. You can however make your own inferences and create a story in your mind. Sort of how people make sense of abstract art I guess coz I never get it, heh.

No need for an argument so I’m not trying to start something, just stating that people see value in media differently. For instance, though I love Dive Talk on Youtube, I don’t see the allure of looking at rocks underwater. Fish, sure, but all rocks look much the same to me.

6 Likes

Thanks @carvalho20ptc :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Will be definitely idling that stream. :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Anyone know where the actual broadcast through steam is happening? I can’t as of yet find a waiting room, active broadcast or anything like that.

2 Likes

https://steam.tv or The Game Awards 2022 supposedly

2 Likes

yeah I was looking at that but saw no indication that a stream element was anywhere to be found. I guess they’re going to update the page in the last minute, that always works out wonderfully.

2 Likes

it’s now available by the looks of it.

2 Likes

I don’t see anyt… ooh right, I have stream container blocked through ublock for the steam store to escape all the store page streams that I have never cared about.

2 Likes

It begun on The Game Awards’ Twitch.

3 Likes

Yeah, I can only watch it on Twitch, not on Steam. Thanks for the link @carvalho20ptc :drum:

3 Likes

Doesn’t look like I got a steam deck last night, anyone else got lucky?

3 Likes

I got nothing :rage:

3 Likes

No luck here either. :melting_face:

4 Likes

The console with 90c+ ? No thanks :smiley:

4 Likes

Hey all, just want to let people be aware that scammers may be sending out emails claiming you won a steam deck.

The winners list is available here:

7 Likes