[ENDED][PSA] Steam Autumn Sale 2023 - Daily Sticker + Steam Awards Nomination Committee 2023 Badge (100 XP)

And so it begins…

Plus stickers:

12 Likes

And here are my nominees:

4 Likes

Hmm… Well that does make it difficult…

Edit. Managed to find a few.

4 Likes

Oh boy, a good sale, but sad ole Rhyagelle can no longer justify game purchases exceeding $10-15. Those $69.99 and $79.99 game price tags over the last few years have really worn me down. Now I need to see very old people like mega sales to be enticed, like I’m searching the local food market for the absolute best. lmao Christmas sale ought to be a bit more significant…or so I hope. Maybe the TMNT collection will be even cheaper, too! Now that’d be great! :star_struck:

For those picking something up this sale: have fuuuuuuuuuuun! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Making me feel like an old geezer keeping mental track of prices. So like Starbucks coffee creamer is 5.99 at target and 5.84 at Walmart. A sale of $.20 off isn’t exciting.

:older_man:

5 Likes

I read:

“You can even earn a badge for participating in the Steam Awards: nominate at least one game, nominate a game in each category, play a game you’ve nominated, and/or review (or update a review for) a game you’ve nominated. Complete all tasks to earn 100 profile XP.”

I don’t know if they mean a badge via trading cards or without. I don’t know if “Complete all tasks” means nominate every category, or means also must do the “play a game you’ve nominated” as well as “review a game you’ve nominated” (both of which would require you to own the game). Does anyone here know?

2 Likes

You’ll need to complete all the tasks to get a 100 xp badge, meaning you’ll need to:

• Nominate all categories;
  • Play and review a game you’ve nominated (in my case all I need is to do so with Wizard With A Gun).

3 Likes

Hey @Danacscott, go after the chicken!

5 Likes

Behold, the sloth has cast its votes :sloth:

5 Likes

That’s just pragmatism. You know fairly well that those $60+ games will be on sale for half that in a year. Give it a couple of years and they’ll be on sale for the prices you find reasonable. It’s just a question of, “can you wait, in order to avoid the nerd tax?” For most games, yeah, I think most of us can wait. With many games coming out half-baked these days anyway, waiting a year or two means getting the “director’s cut / complete” package and a laundry list of bugfixes.

6 Likes

Unless it’s a game as a service, and they shut down the servers in 6 months before you can play it. That being said usually those games are very not worth the money.

6 Likes

Now go after those cute birds @Danacscott!

4 Likes

Aw I got one cute birb so far

Screenshot_20231123-193445

Thanks for the reminders. ^^. Need 'em.

4 Likes

I have followed/wishlisted Parkitect since their early days of launch on Steam in 2018, their discount never went under -25% for years, only until recently in 2023 they dropped to -30% and now to -50%. Some devs/publishers are very adamant on giving better discounts.

4 Likes

Also got me some chicks with a pumpkin!!

Have only played 3 games released this year, was easy to pick nominations.

4 Likes

today i got a spinning coin as a sticker
a chrono reference?

7 Likes

Duck, duck

1a4045cb79300621f41d37762291ca3a7737f9ec

6 Likes

5 Likes

Ah, but you see, that’s not a AAA $60+ game. Completely different discussion. An indie developer often can’t afford to give such huge discounts very soon in the same way that a large studio focused on immediate profit can (and sometimes must, to meet short-term profit targets). An expensive AAA game is not priced to keep a studio afloat, it’s priced to hit a variety of target demographics. They begin at an inflated price because there are some people who will buy it regardless, then they move down the sale prices to catch people willing to pay less and less. Not permanently mind you, because you also want to catch the “friend” group of the people who buy during a sale, who get talked into picking it up at full price to be able to play it with their buds. And they already have more games in the pipeline, so there’s always a new game to be selling at the high price and so long as they keep cranking out games, these sales never result in a net profit loss (quite the opposite, in fact).

If you’re an indie developer with 1 or 2 games, discounting your games too much or too soon may affect your ability to pay rent.

Regarding the above comment about online games, I don’t play anything that lives on a server, so I don’t much see the appeal to begin with… but I would say you’re doing yourself a favor by missing out on a game that couldn’t survive that long!

5 Likes

4 Likes