[ENDED][Giveaway] Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order (Origin Key) + Frostpunk GOG Key

Inspired by @SeekerSupreme I’m thinking of doing a giveaway too.

Rules:

• You can enter for only one of them, not both, so pick wisely!

• To enter, post your favorite character or scene from Star Wars if you’re entering for the Origin key (Be sure to hide it if it contains spoilers!) or post a video or picture related to Winter if you’re entering for the GOG key.

• Winner(s) will be decided by either discobot or Random.org, since I don’t have too much experience with the former. Let me know if the keys work because I’m kinda screwed if they don’t! :cold_sweat:
    One was gifted and the other I got in the giveaway which shall not be mentioned here which starts with the letter G.

Note: The GOG key must be redeemed before January 8th. Good luck!

Giveaway will end on January 5th at 9:00 p.m. Brasília Time.

17 Likes

Not entering for anything, just wanted to post this gif.
Snow train

9 Likes

not entering either, but just wanted to say I strongly suspect the theory (strengthened by the fact that George Lucas once said he was the “key to everything” or something) that Jar Jar Binks was in fact supposed to be a Sith Lord and that his stumbling and goofery was all intended and hiding/hidden by his true skills (Obito/Tobi style) and that he abandoned that path cuz the character was so hated, and if such was the case then i’m kinda sad I never got to see that arc come to fruition.

I’m not saying it would necessarily have made that trilogy better (though who knows), but it sure would’ve made it more interesting.

7 Likes

I will enter for Jedi Fallen Order. My favorite character from the movies is Obi-Wan Kenobi

6 Likes

Thanks for the giveaway! I choose Star Wars.

If either key doesn’t work, don’t worry. Nothing can be done about it.

I posted this a while back. But I felt so giddy at the end of the Mandalorian. I hadn’t felt that kind of childish feeling in a long time.

I’ll hide the scene for spoilers.

Big Spoiler for Ending of The Mandalorian

Luke’s Hallway Scene Synced to "I Need a Hero" - YouTube

5 Likes

I’m a Trekkie at heart but will enter for Star Wars… perhaps the game will sway me! :grin:

Call me antisocial but I’ve always found Darth Vader quite fascinating, not to mention he made N95 masks fashionable way before 2019… LOL!

5 Likes

I don’t know what to feel about the Star Wars trilogy anymore, most of my enjoyment surely comes from nostalgia. The actors give a top-notch performance and the movies manages to sprinkle some humour among the action, but the story is just a fairytale put into space. The legacy of the movies lies more in that they showed the studios the amount of money that was to be had in sci-fi and therefore introduced a hole lot of new ideas. Like Star Trek and Space Balls.

The real star of the show in mu opinion is John Williams, which of course was dependent on Steven Spielberg allowing his music to be presented in the way he wanted.

The reveal of Vader and Leia, while not being the most pompous scene, really showcases the depth, variety and mixing going on.

Also contains a floppy disk, kinda.

5 Likes

Thanks @carvalho20ptc for the giveaway :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

4 Likes

Thanks @carvalho20ptc :sparkles: :dizzy: :sparkles:

I am really interested in this one:

• STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order

I believe my favorite Star Wars character is Han Solo.

One of my all-time favorite games is KOTOR (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic).

No problem if the key does not work.

3 Likes

Thanks for the giveaway! As has been said before, don’t worry about it if a key doesn’t work if you’re giving it like this.

Put me down for Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

My favorite character is definitely Han Solo. The Star Wars movies for me really just comprise the original trilogy, so I’m not talking about the not-at-all-Han-Soloish-Han-from-the-movie-Solo. The fact they got Harrison Ford to take any of it at all seriously was quite the achievement, but I think it’s maybe his not 100% buy-in that probably makes the character. Science fiction tends to sometimes get this “serious business” vibe in the characters, somewhat understandably when you’ve got pew pew beams and such. But Ford’s acting really made Han Solo a believable character. He’s not awed or impressed by laser swords or aliens; he’s a guy doing what he needs to do to get a humongous paycheck.

Oh and he has a space winnebago with guns, what more do you want =)

4 Likes

Not entering as I got prime this month, but fav Star Wars character is definitely Max Rebo, anyone who denies this as truth is a liar. His band is GOATed.

Behind him in second is obviously Ki Adi Mundi

5 Likes

Yeah, that theory is very nice. I enjoyed it a lot.
But the people behind the prequel aren’t that bright when it comes to story telling… so I don’t believe it actually was the case.
Still nice theory!

The greatest character in Star Wars history:

Darth Bane

4 Likes

lol, i never said that, although honestly, I personally didn’t mind that much at all. He made me laugh a bunch actually, but he’s certainly not one of my favorite characters at all. I’m not sure I love any Star Wars character that much at all actually. Sure, I loved Luke when i was younger, aspiring to be him myself of course. If I absolutely had to choose I think it’d be either Han Solo or Ahsoka Tano, or perhaps even Darth Maul, yeah. Maul has really cool story arcs in the Clone Wars and Rebels actually.

5 Likes

I didn’t mind Jar Jar Binks either. I like floppy ears and aquatic animals. But the eye turrets and teeth made me uncomfortable.

R2D2 was my favorite character. I always imagined it trash talking everyone the entire time.

4 Likes

Okay, entries are over, and I’ll choose the winner of the giveaway.

The order is the following:

1. FacuBlues
  2. GDBrinder
  3. SensaHuMuR
  4. blomvik
  5. markwr
  6. BlivetWidget

@discobot roll 1d6

As for Frostpunk, I’ll give it to the able hands of our Chrono Mom @delenn13

4 Likes

:game_die: 4

3 Likes

Looks like @blomvik won the Origin key. I’ll be sending them a PM soon!

If they refuse to receive it I’ll roll the dice again.

5 Likes

Thanks @carvalho20ptc :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

That was quite unexpected. :exploding_head:

4 Likes

No problem. I hope you can put it to better use or give it to someone who needs from it. :grin:

Be sure to give it before January 8th!

Edit: Since you already used it I hope you enjoy this game! :grin:

4 Likes

Congrats @blomvik !

5 Likes