Elite Dangerous Steam Deal

Great game if you dont have a vr headset

Awesome game if you have a vr headset

i would recommend that you purchase a third party software to make the game play more immersive
software Voice Attack : https://voiceattack.com/

video showing the power of voice attack

8 Likes

This is a game Iā€™ve been wanting to get into for so long, but itā€™s always been in some sort of trouble at every turn Iā€™ve looked at it. At first it released kind of bare bones if I recall correctly, half the game missing or something. Then they started filling out the promised content as for pay DLC and everyone was unhappy. Then thereā€™s like 4-5 incidents I donā€™t even remember what they were about until the day they offered it for a price I actually thought decent enough to give it a go.

Turns out they offered it at that price because next month they were releasing some sort of new stand alone expansion to it and this version I now have is obsolete. In order to get the part where you could land on planets Iā€™d have to buy the game a 2nd time. Awesome!

For the longest time Iā€™ve been wanting to buy a HOTAS setup and play this game. But as with this game HOTAS setups are also notoriously shoddy and it seems a gamble with $500 if you get one thatā€™s good or not.

At this point I think I might just wait another 10 years and see if this game ever stops being developed and reaches a ā€˜feature completeā€™ state. Then I might buy itā€¦ again.

6 Likes

the landing on planet thingy is Horizon, a dlc of Elite dangerous.

idk where you saw it was a standalone but you require the base game to play it

1 Like

The base game is -78% on HRK if those 2% are useful for someone :smiley:

Iā€™ve never bought something from them though.
Iā€™m not even sure if itā€™s steam keyā€¦

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s what it looks like now. But back at release I am really quite certain it came out as itā€™s own entry on the steam store which if purchased gave you base game + what is now a season pass DLC.

1 Like

I might get it, thereā€™s few decent and cheap VR games. It worth getting that dlc too?

1 Like

for the price i would say yes, but i wouldnā€™t pay full price for the dlc. also thereā€™s no reason not to buy the main game play it and if you like it wait for anohter sale to take the dlc

2 Likes

True true, Iā€™ll probably just grab both though.

2 Likes