Doom just went Ultimate (2016)

Sometimes Bethesda forgets they are supposed to be “Big Business” part of evil Corporate Commander’s henchmen, and so they do something nice instead.
Still doesn’t really excuse horse armour, but i’ll take this with a smile anyway
Shh, don’t mention it too loud at the board meeting, or else niceness might just risk spreading to other AAA “villains”, oh the horror of it! :wink:

gotta love id Software for keeping to update a multiplayer content which even had/and still have no microtransactions since day 1, (quiet… did you hear that…?.., EA, Ubi and Activision just passed out), and trying to revitalize the MP section, of a game with so focused SP aspect it stood tall on its own no less. Now a complete package at permanent lowered price, wow.

Who would have thought “Big Business” could still throw a curveball and positively surprise us sometimes :thinking:

(inb4 horse armour dlc in Skyrim 2) :ghost:

3 Likes

Too bad there was only ever multiplayer DLC made and the multiplayer was kind of shit and not developed by id software and made for an awful beta test weekend that tricked a lot of people into thinking the single player would be shit as well. Well done marketing team!

Oh bugger me that’s a 35GB patch >_<

2 Likes

35gb patch but makes the overall game like 10gb smaller i think
tho they totally should have separated sp/mp download+launcher tho (which is weird since it relaunched you when going multi anyway)
btw id soft did take control of mp a while back, not that they made it spectacular or anything but at least it’s not as terrible as it was, even if it’s just decent/meh now depending on pov
but could have been much fore for sure
and yea, prob not the best marketing blunder… then again the whole “no-reviews copies” follow up wasn’t exactly brainy either. Who knows ,they might come around on that front again someday and surprise us once more by not cocking up every time, or at least just a little less :wink:

2 Likes

Oh I might to download it tomorrow and see if it wants to run on my potato. It’s a real good price too.

1 Like

i think it’s worth it for the sp alone, i love that campaign
the way Bethesda phrase the update announcement makes it sound like they are gonna have a 15$/€ sale this weekend too when it goes for "free trial"weekend
(at least that’s my assumptions when they claim to sell it for 15bucks but is currently at the new lowered 30$/€ retail price),

An Ultimate Price

Lastly, we don’t want anything standing in your way of joining the millions of people that have experienced the rush and pure fun of DOOM, so not only are we giving you a chance to try it during a free weekend – if you like it, we’re offering it for $14.99 (US) / £11.99 (UK) / $17.99 (AUS) (digital purchase only). That’s the award-winning campaign, arcade mode, all of the DLC, countless hours of SnapMap and the right to say you are a badass, rip-and-tear DOOM Slayer – all for just $14.99 (US) / £11.99 (UK) / $17.99 (AUS).

30 is a good price and well worth it imo, 15 is an absolute steal if they do that

2 Likes

I picked it up for $15 during the summer sale and yeah it’s certainly worth it for the single player, at that price.

I suppose I might just as well check out the MP now that they’ve changed things and maybe they’ve learnt something from quake champions.

1 Like

GTX 650 Ti here. Can confirm a potato will run it fine (30 FPS) on just under medium settings 1280 x 1024.

1 Like

You might say I’m too picky but I don’t consider 30 in an fps fine.

3 Likes

and who plays in 5:4 hese days?

2 Likes

That was the automatic resolution it chose for my 4:3 monitor.

Guess it depends on what’s considered a potato.

1 Like