Did anyone play Stinktopia on Mobile devices around 2010 or is it just me.

Many of you might not know what I’m talking about but for the few who do, first off, do you still have the game? second, do you know what happened to the BAM (Be A Man) developer team, and why they shut down the game? Lastly, If you did have the game, what was your username? Stinktopia is truly a lost gem.

Here’s a couple links to some juicy information about the game
Pocketgamer article
A for effort?

If you want an OST, check out the trailer. Hit your nostalgic button yet?
check it

3 Likes

cant say i have

3 Likes

It was werth a shot -OwO-

2 Likes

Just you.

3 Likes

No idea what that game is but I do want to get something out there that I’ve thought about for a while.
Mobile games all just disappear… most of them require an internet connection and once it’s offline it’s gone for good.
There was this endless runner for iOS that I liked called Shadow Escaper, it was just gone one day when they decided to go offline. There’s very little left of it, just a few reviews and a facebook page. This one even had costumes lisenced from Neptunia, which kind of sounds like a big deal to me at least…

6 Likes

Will it doesn’t take long to get bored of a repetitive game… So they close it when people start to not play as often… or to work on another project…

2 Likes

There are tons of games like that, I remember an endless runner when you played as death riding a death mount, reaping souls and such while you had all these dark magic abilities, the game was all in 16 bit. There was Grabatron, OG hungry shark, and many more but “Stinktopia” was different for the mobile platform, just thought it would survive longer than it did. I don’t remember it being popular for long, its fascinating to look back on the older platforms, as I haven’t played a mobile game in years, other than flappy bird. Modded the heck out of it with my jailbroke Iphone.

2 Likes

I see these alot, what do they mean?

2 Likes

Deleted my Comment :joy:

3 Likes

OOOOh!

LOLXD

3 Likes

I also played Stinktopia back around 2010. It was one of my favorite games to play and made so many good memories and friends during that time. I remember the waiting times for upgrades or buying buildings was the down part, but I was able to get around that since there was an exploit where the “waiting time” was in sync with the phone clock. So if you had to wait for an hour for the upgrade to be finished or collect a produce, you can manually change the time on your phone to be 1 hour ahead, come back to the game and the upgrade would be done. Then go back to the settings, change back the time to the actual hour and then come back to the game and voilà, your building will be upgraded as if you waited 1 hour. I hoped that the developer would fix that issue but they never did. But attacking other players with gas, animations, art, design and the music were my favorites of that game. I thought it was genius how they used real life influences to make the game comical like an opinion farm or a factory to produce stink bombs. It’s a shame that it’s gone. Hopefully one day it’ll be back if not, then those good memories will live on.

2 Likes

I’ve never heard of it.

I was very big into mobile games on my iphone from 2005 to 2010. Even during that time, games would be released and then disappear within the same year.
I don’t know why Be A Man removed their game. But over the years, games are removed for not updating to the latest ios version. Or apple changes some rules on using player locations in the real world. Or the developer doesn’t want to give server support to their online game.

I don’t know if this is the reason, but a long while back, there was some ios game that I played where you are a wizard in a faction and you invade other wizard’s areas. It was a big problem because it was based on real world locations and there were complaints of people stalking or harassing people at their houses because anyone can see your real world location. That game got shut down too.

As for Stinktopia. It looks like it had something similar where you see the real world location of other people. I think apple put a stop to those types of games?

Pokemon Go also had something similar but it was just gyms and places. You can’t see the location of other players.

That’s my theory anyway. Mobile games were the wild west of rule making and breaking and companies were making up rules as they went along.

2 Likes

Welcome @Pluto :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

How did you find us? We are pretty hidden here.

1 Like