Devil may cry

Literally everything. Honestly, you lose absolutely nothing at all by ignoring the game entirely…in fact you’re up because you haven’t wasted your time. The combat loses all the skill it required in the other games, the camera is awful, the storyline is terrible, the level design loses the confined combat arena style that worked so well in the first, the controls feel loose and floaty, the camera is bad etc…

I haven’t played it since its release year but if I ever had the DMC trilogy again I wouldn’t go back to it. One is great but a little dated (the combat is still good) and three is amazing.

5 Likes

DMC2 is a bland game where the AI is terrible, the combo system makes no sense thanks to weird directional and gimmicky input, and the best way to play the game is to mindlessly blitz through its terribly designed fights that are easy to manipulate and cheat.

For example, I never learned about the power abilities in game. This is because I skipped right over ones that were supposed to be essential. At a timed gate that was supposed to introduce the speed power, I instead backflipped my way to the door in time, thinking that was the puzzle; YouTube corrected me on this later.

I was on autopilot to the point where for about twenty seconds, the audio cut out, and I instantly noticed… before realizing that audio cut out was the most interesting thing that had happened in two hours.

This, of course, was what broke me:

I was just playing DMC3 a moment ago and… yeah, if you don’t mind the challenge, it’s as great as they say, and only gets better once you actually have some extra gear. I finally got past Cerberus, only took me a year. Pretty cool game, shame I suck at it. Gunslinger FTW, by the way.

I guess I’ll go ahead and add that I’ve played through 1 already. It’s, as stated… dated but excellent. The writing is 90s-Capcom tier (that’s not a good thing), but everything else about the game has aged perfectly.

If that bundle includes 4SE, that’s a pretty good price. I’d definitely pay that price… it’s $10 per game for three amazing games, plus a $6 discount for the inconvenience of owning DMC2.

6 Likes

Pah…Royal Guard if you’re ace (I dream of being good enough to use this well), Trickster if you’re not.

4 Likes

@xist, @CptMold

I’ve played DMC 3 before my previous computer died. It won’t run on current machine as the graphics card has no 3D capability at all. Think it’s an integrated thing too, so no upgrades.

Enjoyed all the fighting styles though, especially the one where you can skateboard on the enemies, hee hee. Can’t get the names straight in my head now. Would love to try out DMC 4 and boy oh boy do I want DMC 5, now I’ve seen it on Live Stream.

Surprised that the 2nd in the series was so bad. Played some of the 1st a long while ago and that’s where I fell in love with Dante - style and wrecking everything in sight. :slight_smile: Really thought all in the series were good. Ah well, good to know that the bundle isn’t so tempting in the end, lol. Thank you both.

3 Likes

Says here it won’t activate in Canada.

2 Likes

Different dev team who didn’t understand the success of the first game and made a more generic, accessible beat 'em up (effectively).

5 Likes

No way… You bought the bundle and it won’t activate?!

3 Likes

No! It says it on the page. First time I have seen that for Fanatical.

3 Likes

That is very odd. Wonder why… Do you play?

3 Likes

No. Was just looking at the bundle.

3 Likes

Oki. I tried out stuff on my compy last night, and oddly enough, both Skyrim and Devil May Cry 3 run and pretty well.

Now I’m guessing that I don’t get how to read System Requirements properly or something. T_T Need some help. Should make a topic maybe?

2 Likes