Defiance 2050 Closed Beta Access

PM Me For The Code
Only on the Glyph Client.
Defiance 2050 will be released in summer 2018 for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
Operating System: Windows XP SP2 Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz CPU or better Memory: 2 GB System RAM Graphics: 512 MB graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce 8600, ATI Radeon HD 2900, or Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics or better) DirectX®: 9.0c Hard disk: 15 GB free Sound: DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card Internet: broadband internet connection

7 Likes

Have you played it any yourself yet?
What can you tell us about it?

3 Likes

It’s A Sequel To Defiance, It should be free when it releases and it’s an fps game I haven’t played it but here’s a useful link Defiance is getting its “next chapter” in Defiance 2050, a new free-to-play shooter | PCGamesN

2 Likes

Is it like Planetside or Warframe?

Steam trailer did not tell me sh*t

2 Likes

Trying to find some info on their planned monetization model but can’t seem to find anything but speculation based on what they did with the first game and the consensus on that seems it was awful. Since they’re going F2P straight out the gate this time they’ve got to have some sort of plan for it.

Does anyone know anything about how Trion manages their other titles in this regard and what we could expect?

3 Likes

Never played the game but I really liked the TV show.

3 Likes

I just had a chance to try Defiance 2050, it’s almost the exact same as the original Defiance. But with classes now, and ego dumbed down, so they can get more money from the players.

4 Likes

I got access on PS4, I never actually downloaded it though.

1 Like

Pretty much this. It’s not a sequel as much as a minor graphics update and some other things that feel like they could have just patched in. The UI is still mostly the same. I’m fairly certain this release is for those on console to have a better experience. I think the re-branding was just so they could get some more people to pay attention to it like how they did Rift. If you’ve already played Defiance a fair amount on PC then there’s not a lot here for you. If you have yet to play Defiance then you might just enjoy this new release and might want to give it a shot.

3 Likes

The reason they’re not just patching the old client is because it’s a 32bit game and the new consoles wont let you run anything but 64bit. So they needed to remake it.

5 Likes

So this really is a release that was necessary for consoles. That would confirm it.

3 Likes

I’m okay with a full 64-bit remake. For one, the newer baseline and forced recoding allows them to update the game’s graphics drastically if they choose to (later), and they can also choose to dramatically improve framerates (considering the original had mediocre graphics and still ran like a slug during some fights).

Not to mention Glyph games are typically well-supported and even if some of their games are blatantly Pay2Win it’s not always a huge leg up you’re buying and free players can still compete. I’ll definitely try it when it releases full release, but I’m avoiding all betas right now (no offense to Trion or Glyph).

3 Likes

Im sad to find the same game(Defiance2013) only barelly reworked to up the graphics a littlebit, wtF!
I might be one of the only ppl that love the TV show :3 (also tried the pc game for a while)

3 Likes

My wife and I loved the TV show, we watched it together while we were 3 hours apart before we were married :slight_smile:

4 Likes