Dark Souls-like Games

IT’S SO DAMN GOOD

I spent a whole week in that forest just after the first zone. I hate platforming xD

and platforming with snipers is worse.

also worth a mention top 10 dark souls and souls likes

I haven’t played 10 xD but I haven’t played any past DS2 in the main franchise :frowning:

me so poor.

oh also the fact bloodborne is playstation only has stopped me from being able to play it, WHY IS IT NOT ON STEAM AT LEAST.

1 Like

It’s been shown in various conferences, but it’s possible that some of you may not know, and it’s probably close to release, if they don’t push to next year.

3 Likes

I had not heard about this one before, it looks like it could be great. They plan on releasing in 2017 they better do it todayish or really soon. November tends to be the big AAA release window so they’ll go largely unnoticed unfortunately. Even worse if they wait until December or the large end of year sales. They should probably have released a couple of weeks ago or wait until end of January. Published by Adultswim as well so they really ought to know better.

Reading more about this game and it’s history it looks like it’s one of those forever delayed titles. Last word from the devs seem to be in mid august where they promise to have a release date announced within 2 months, well they missed that window. Their twitter mostly inactive, no official accounts active on the steam forum and their own reddit forum looks despondent and unhappy.

Game looks good though, I hope it does end up released at some point.

2 Likes

What about EITR then?

1 Like

EITR is another one on my list, altought they didn’t mention any release date as far as I’m aware. These games usually have a really small team of devs, so it’s reasonable for them to take some time to get everything in place for release and also avoid early access nightmare.

I’ve got a lot of indie titles that should come in 2018, hopefully.

1 Like

Have had Death’s Gambit and EITR on my wishlist since watching this video over a year ago:

I find it interesting that they’ve include Ghost Song on the list. Looks like a Metroid-inspired game, but apparently it shares quite a few similarities with Dark Souls.

Also, what do you guys think of:

I’ve been following it since the end of 2016 or something, I think? It was set to be released late 2016, then early 2017 and finally turned to TBA, because the developers said they want to make things right and they gonna take all the time they need and got rid of the release date rushing them. Which is good, I think, but I’m also impatient.

Had it on my wishlist since February 2016.

Oh and since this now is a thread for dark souls games in general, here’s another one I’m looking forward to.

2 Likes

Perhaps I should edit the title :smile:

Added Unworthy to my wishlist :+1:

2 Likes

It’s the right thing to do, giving release dates so early is unhealthy for the development of the game.

You would probably go crazy with my list of indies that are to come then, hehe. A good chunk was from their Kickstarter period with years of waiting like EITR, and I keep adding more…

Anyone try the recently released Fall of Light - which has been described as “merging the Dark Souls game concept with stylistic and narrative influences from ICO.” Dark Souls + ICO… looks good on paper.

1 Like

Because SONY is the publisher and because is one of the very few reasons why people buy a PS4 on this side of the pond.

1 Like

it’s the only reason I’d buy one, and because of that reason I’m not. my laptop is more powerful than a ps4.

DarkMaus is a Dark Souls style of game that I’ve been waiting to get my mitts… I mean little claws on to :wink:

2 Likes

“challenging, skill-based combat that punishes careless play”…

colour me intrigued … but

who looked at dark souls and said “… hmm, its good but… what if it was mice?”

but I’d never heard of this thanks for posting it its now in my wishlist xD

2 Likes

Now you can rip & tear whilst pretending you’re DangerMouse :wink:

2 Likes

you can be my penfold. :3

1 Like

“Oh crumbs!” :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes