Cyberpunk 2077 Multiplayer confirmed and free DLCs!!

So excited, as I have said before I do not typically play single player games so I really wanted this game to have a co-op mode. Of course it is far too early to know exactly what kind of multiplayer it is going to be but from other posts from CDPR it sounds like they will focus more on a story driven co-op mode rather than say a death match or GTA V style. I am excited for this news, I know some wont be as it may take resources away from single player but with them focusing on single player and DLCs first I think it may be the perfect balance. This might be enough for me to pre-order this even though I shouldn’t buy something on future promises :smile:

8 Likes

We all know what multiplayer means.

Tiger Warning

:tiger::tiger2:Battle Royale :tiger::tiger2:

5 Likes

Yeah I just don’t think they want to go that route though, but hey you never know :slight_smile: Below are some stuff they have said in the past that really points more towards co-op campaign rather than a battle royale mode so I really hope they keep to their style and not go that route.

Quotes from CDPR:

Is there anything you’d avoid with multiplayer which might not feel authentic?

Sasko: For sure, I mean we’re known for good stories, amazing characters, choices and consequences. So this is something for sure we’d be going with, if anything happened regarding that. We’d avoid anything that’s not that. If we do it, it’ll be our style.

“If you add multiplayer functions it has to be right,” Jonkers continued. "Immersion is super important for us and we have to make sure everything fits together. The single-player experience, it all fits together. We’re not just going to slap some [multiplayer] feature in and that’ll be it.

“It’s possible if it doesn’t fit, it doesn’t fit. We would never make anything that’s not at least The Witcher standard for Cyberpunk. I don’t know what the future holds but we will make sure everything we make will be high quality.”

2 Likes

If we do it, it’ll be our style.

I know that companies always promise the moon until it falls on them. They have to keep the hype up up and up. And there are many ways to turn multiplayer game modes into what we know.

Capture the flag? No. Capture the computer chip.
Team 1: Get the computer chip.
Team 2: Defend the computer chip.

Battle Royale? No. Colosseum royale.
Everyone has a sponsor, defeat all other company combatants!

Co-op through single player would be cool. Not many games do that nowadays. But I get pessimistic when a game is neay its delivery date when sudden announcements are made (not this game, just in general.) Because every announcement is for building the hype and I wonder if it is a broken thing they shoved into the game at the last moment. So I tend to trust old information more, which is bad too because games don’t say what they are doing in early development. :man_shrugging:
I just can’t win.

PS: CD Project Red hasn’t betrayed their customers yet, nor their developers have a bad reputation for bad products. So they deserve the trust they are getting.

2 Likes

Yeah pretty much agree with everything you said, I guess I am just excited with the possibility but could just as easy have my dream crushed lol

2 Likes

Well its MP, its not any obligation to play it. Ppl is really more pissed off about the first person camera for everything including scenes. But a MP its a good extra, but I mean… listen devs, an extra, not something to focus. Im starting to get tired of this MP focused games, I miss good campaing games, and I know there are good campaing games but, this days, even when I like MP games everything is MP

1 Like