Community link opens in new tab

It would appear you have changed things. So as usual here I am to let you know why I don’t like it.

Since I keep chrono as a pinned tab in my browser and use the easy navigation options on the site to go between main page, wallet, coin store and community. For one of those to force itself into a new tab becomes the opposite of helpful. I don’t want multiple tabs open for this one site and now I’ll have to use some other navigation option than those provided to take me back to the forum in that pinned tab.

13 Likes

yup yup, right with u, now i have to close that extra tab each time :cow:

7 Likes

Although I can understand the reason for the change, the mouse-wheel click is there for a reason: to open links in a new tab.

I think there’s no need to have the community open in a new tab as default, seeing as there’s no easy way to have it open otherwise, unlike the previous scenario.

8 Likes

At first I thought it was somehow my PC messing up.
Fair to say it’s a small annoyance. :I

5 Likes

Ya, we recently made the change to bring it in line with the other links to the community. If people aren’t fans though, we can certainly revert that. Anyone else have opinions on this?

11 Likes

i usually end up with 54 or 73+ tabs open anyway eventually, so i really hadn’t even noticed :smile: :rofl:

9 Likes

I’d also prefer for links to open in the same tab. If anything, I’d say it’s the other links that should be brought in line with the main one xP Opening things in a new tab is easy enough on PC and even on mobile, so usually there’s no need to make that the default behaviour.

8 Likes

I would like this to revert back too, I don’t like change, it scares me when new tabs open, I have the instinct to close them asap. Tabs are bad mmm K…why I made that reference when I dislike southpark, I will never know

8 Likes

Although I don’t really mind a new tab on my browser, I’m used to pressing Ctrl to open a new tab, and in line with what @mysticlloyd said I usually regard new tabs as publicity or some other bs, so I close them on the spot, not to mention if I open the community is mostly because I’m done with the shop page by then.

9 Likes

I didn’t know the mouse wheel (click number 3) opening in a new tab…

it only scrolls down fast, also I’ve wanted links here to open in a new tab for aaaages xD I hate it when I click a link expecting it to open in a new tab anyway and it doesn’t xD and then I lose my place here, where I was reading. :’(

5 Likes

I am neutral on this, I open and close new tabs all the time, like @Gnuffi, I usually end up with a bunch anyway, so it’s not really a big deal for me. I pretty much always control click any link, just like @Inferry. And like @kylehayman361, I prefer to keep my reading spot.

5 Likes

I also didn’t know about ctrl click…

6 Likes

The difference here though is that opening a link in a new tab is easy to do as an optional user choice, there are no links you can’t open in a new tab. A link that forces a new tab however does not come with options for the user to alter that behaviour.

9 Likes

Agreed, having choices is better than not.

7 Likes

maybe we should complain to microsoft and get them to add a “opens page on this tab” to the right click menu?

4 Likes

I like the new change for once because I use a windows tablet half the time and it saves a bit of time.

5 Likes

Seems pretty unanimous, @frst will make that change soon.

5 Likes

Microsoft has little to do wt that unless you are using Edge/IE in which case you have other issues :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Chrome 4 lyf boiii

3 Likes

May you forever remain in the same tab.

17 Likes