Community downtime!

Hi friends, I’m going to be moving the community discourse to a new server instance this weekend! I will try and keep the downtime to a minimum, but there may be some hiccups if I run into any issues.

I should start this work late Saturday, and it will go into early Sunday morning. Will update this thread when I’ve finished. <3

:3

29 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, hope it all goes smoothly, good luck!

8 Likes

Probably won’t even be online, so unless late Saturday for you is 2 PM Saturday for me…

6 Likes

Thanks for the announcement.

See you guys on Discord.

6 Likes

Steam server downtime flashbacks

7 Likes

AFK flashbacks

9 Likes

the torment back then when still small enough to be dragged around :pensive:

5 Likes

Good Luck :maple_leaf::heavy_heart_exclamation::maple_leaf::heavy_heart_exclamation:

4 Likes

The reason why nerds become bodybuilders.

6 Likes

not moving

5 Likes

looks like everything is mostly okay, newest discourse has borked a couple of our custom styles, but I’ll scream at @frst next week to take a look at that

10 Likes

Looks like we’ve now truly lost all the coins!
And the font is weird, I don’t like it.

7 Likes

13 Likes

I understand that the upper left tab is “Discourse”. But why that word?

I thought it would be something that rhymes with Nexus since that is where the site is moving toward. Like, census. Consensus. Nex&Us. discOURse nexUS. I’m just being silly. I don’t even remember what was written beforehand. “Community” I think?

And can we have a legacy coin somewhere?!

#neverforgetcoins

6 Likes

On the other hand, avatars aren’t animated anymore! I no longer have to use Ublock Origin to zap Gnuffi’s profile picture!

That’s the name of the forum software (as mentioned a couple times before), so it’s (I assume) the default when no custom name is chosen.

8 Likes

It sure looks strange, hopefully things can get changed back to the way they were.

5 Likes

the discourse logo is surprisingly unpretty :thinking:

6 Likes

Looks more like a sketch instead of a real logo…

4 Likes

I love that! Aw… ze crabs so cute! That was a big smile bringer. ^^

3 Likes

Here’s some coins for you:

Anyway, I’ve yet to make a precise conclusion on the changes but they look interesting so far. And I expect the “Discourse” thing to be changed into something unique.

4 Likes