Community Ban at Steam

Unless they also hacked your chrono account and are now trying to lure us into believing you’re back in control and will trust the next dodgy link you send us!

I’m glad it got resolved so quickly, any further details you have or can figure out on how this happened would be good to have. Gotta wonder how these things happen in the first place.

7 Likes

I have been so busy that I have had really very limited use of my account… the only thing that seems to have triggered it was me commenting on someone’s profile who won a game from me at SteamGifts:

something to the lines:

“You won a game on SG, please activate it and mark received at your convenience. Hope you have a Happy New Year!”

Probably the word “Won” and “SG” are now associated with autoflagging and spamming… I didn’t even write the name of the site out, just left it at those two letters.

Also didn’t post any links or anything.

Regardless, I changed my Steam password and reenabled my authenticator and phone number, so I hope that everything is secured.

Lesson learned, don’t post on anyone’s profiles anything about wins or make any remote references to any other site…

I will just go to @M00’s profile and post an animal sound instead.

Done and done, back to sleep, at least I will rest better. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I see, so it was probably never even compromised. Just an overzealous automatic system nailing you down just in case. That’s better than the alternative at least, even if it is a hassle.

4 Likes

check some topics on steamgift about that :roll_eyes: steam ban for mention steamgifts last months lol

5 Likes

That’s my thought as well.

Especially when my wallet funds were untouched.

Unless someone did actually get into my account and posted phishing links that were caught and deleted before anyone saw it. All of the comments I wrote on other people’s profiles also got deleted. So there’s no way for me to look elsewhere for evidence, it’s all removed before I knew it.

I am learning the lesson the hard way… Never going to do that again. I was under the impression that it would happen if I posted links and stuff… no no no… just any mention of winning something seemed to trigger it.

7 Likes

yea that makes sense, Steam is really trying to clamp down on outside “marketing” because of the frequent phishing associated or straight up illicit gambling/trading/“black market and money laundering”

it’s so bad/“sensitive” that sometimes it flags Devs own posts and links - in their own gamehubs :confounded: :man_facepalming:

6 Likes

/Huggles her fav dino @yoshirules :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

I am so glad you got it taken care of, @YQMaoski. What a way to end the year.:crazy_face:

4 Likes

Hi delenn :hugs:

5 Likes

Thank goodness everything’s fine now. Looks like 2021 will be a good year, heh. :heart:

Hmm, so that explains everything.
This reminds me of something which happens in Warframe when where if you pick up too much resources (either if you stay for too long on an endless mission or through exploits) a bot is triggered and then they trade ban you for a good amount of days where the staff analyzes if it was a false alarm or not. Usually they never do so because it’s DE we’re talking about. And of course there’s a lot of complaints about this system in the forums.
But anyway, I’m glad it wasn’t someone trying to hack you but a bot trying to prevent said attempts on other people. Like I said in my other post, this is how Zangado got hacked: through an innocent PDF which supposedly had a free Cyberpunk 2077 key inside.

In any case, I’m glad everything went well for you. Be careful next time. :wink:

3 Likes

i remember some a friend (really a hacker) gives me a link entry the link and fall in pishing

i fast recovery account i change my password ,my dates but the moment was bad

3 Likes

Censorship bots can go SIT AND SPIN ON A PIKE. And be deleted.
That’s all I have to say on the matter. Flip the table and good riddance. lolz

2 Likes