Chrono wins the prize!

2 more trackers than the site in 2nd place. Well done! :wink:

5 Likes

Ooh, what do we win?!

Just for clarification, much of that is from the embedded Twitch/YouTube players and the Twitter share option. The only 3rd party trackers we use are for analytics and anti-fraud: Google Analytics, Hotjar, Kissmetrics, and Sift Science (which is no longer used, we should remove that).

8 Likes

don’t think i’d ever fault a store for such “tracker”
(ps hope it’s gone better on that front)

5 Likes

How useful is an anti-fraud feature if it gets detected as a tracker and blocked though?

5 Likes

no idea, if it gets fully blocked tho just from being detected,
i’d kinda assume it would still have some functionality that didn’t just get easily blocked from such a simple/standard tracker check?
otherwise it seems kinda silly oversight for those that made it to not consider with the common and basic/standard blocking features +extensions

4 Likes

Good they don’t have fb :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: or maybe they will lol
13 is not so bad tbh i’ve seen a lot lot more x3
News sites average on 41 trackers per site.

5 Likes

Really? Jeezuz!

3 Likes

Useful mainly for the negative signal. Script blocking is often considered a higher indicator for fraud. Obviously by itself it’s not a good indicator, but in conjunction with other signals it can help. Also, for whatever reason, some fraudsters don’t block scripts, so it’s helpful in those instances as well.

4 Likes

Just to promote this is you don’t like trackers, I suggest Privacy Badger to stop advertisers and others from secretly tracking you. I would also suggest HTTPS Everywhere just to keep most things to link with https:// rather than not with them. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes