Chrono Coins - A Super Send-Off ‘Stravaganza

@Amyrakunejo, you know, I doubt freebies will be a thing unless there are events and the frequent giveaways that do happen in the forums by the users. I do expect that there will be something special coming along with how the Creator’s store is progressing, and seeing how they still haven’t responded to my PM makes me even that much more suspicious. Wallet cards do sound like it could become a thing, but with Chrono I almost always find that there is a theme to everything they do, from the rewards to the descriptions of what they sell daily and they do a great job doing so, so how would you describe it being implemented on Chrono? May what the coin shop was, become what we hope is about to be, to be even greater than what we believe. We hope to see you around when whatever the future holds comes to be. :grinning:

6 Likes

@PeteMcc, This is about the talk about grey markets and all that and hopefully this video isn’t marked as trying to promote them, matter of fact it’s about shaming G2A. it’s just I usually find YongYea’s videos to be interesting and he made the exact same topic as you were discussing about and I felt that I should at least share.

4 Likes

Do you mean isn’t?
If you are not linking videos that promote the use of the site or links to the sites themselves that is ok.

4 Likes

Ah thanks, let me fix that, one moment

4 Likes

Yeah I don’t know it does seem a bit too much.
But there are also certain people who are regulars in complaining on the forum, (not exactly new) in the past so I guess that’s why people are kinda tired, there are whole threads saying why are coin shop games too expensive why are the games trash etc. while not contributing anything else. As well as many people are coming here to say they aren’t coming back anyway when to people on the forum they don’t see this site mainly for the coinshop. I can understand though that was the lure for a lot of people and so some people won’t be coming back, even though the daily deals will continue and there are new features worked on… it will be a shame to lose a tradition. But what is not nice is kind of just taking a go at the whole thing or just say you suck anyway like I doubt those people would stay. Maybe look back and say how nice it was? I’m sure many people are sad but there is a fine line between criticism that makes sense and just taking a stab at the whole thing.

If you are new here (but maybe not to the site overall).
You are welcomed here to stay and take a look around. Have a seat or a browse of what’s here and what happens around here.
There are game giveaways and such and some good conversations here. It’s a good community perhaps not everyone wants to engage in a forum but it is sure is open to people. There is discussion of chronos daily deal and also other deals. So I suggest taking a look at other threads.

8 Likes

News I found about the Creator’s store looking for some information. No wonder they made plans for the coin shop to close so soon. Let us hope it’ll be magnificent.

:grin:

EDIT: If you want to talk more about what you are expecting of the Chrono store, click my head and go to the new think there, or just click there → https://206.81.1.216/t/chrono-creator-store-what-do-you-expect/20782

3 Likes

What I meant by ‘freebies’, are the free-spin/roll/throw things on places like this.
There are quite a few of them out there, but this one is the best of those I’ve come across and don’t cheat the end user, unlike some cc faucets…

4 Likes

Yeah, I even asked myself about that and the closest thing I got as a response was this.

With how the creator stores are coming along, who knows? Maybe Chrono may test out the ability by giving out to other creators the power to create their own coin shop for their selected games/merch? Since Chrono already has the ability to do so on their own site, it would only prove at least a little difficult as running several instances rather than just one coin shop may be a problem all of its own, but once again, we will just have to wait and see.

4 Likes

103,181 coins and barely ever found anything worth spending them on, just for it to be closed down. A+ thanks. 811 spins for nothing haha. See ya round.

4 Likes

I’m at over 143,000 coins, started collecting when this all began and never redeemed a single game. Not that I’m angry or anything, just slightly put off that it was all for naught.

4 Likes

Then why not share your coins with those who would need them. Unlike you two complainers I’ve used up most of my Chrono Coins. So much so I’ve only 5,829 left. I’d like to purchase “The Dweller” as my last Coin Shop purchase before it closes permanently. But even if I spin the coin until Friday I won’t reach the 171 Coins I still need to reach the 6,000 Coins it costs to purchase it. C’est la vie I guess

10 Likes

You can still collect coins after Friday. From what I understand it will continue till the coin shop closes on June 29th.

9 Likes

Oh sweet, thanks for the clarification :blush:

7 Likes

The Dweller is a cool, albeit somewhat short puzzle game. I guess that’s only natural though since there aren’t too many mechanics and the ones that are there are pretty simple. Somewhat rough around the edges, but I found it charming. Has that “handcrafted indie” feel to it.

5 Likes

We had to hoard coins like Smaug to get anything decent that wasn’t dollar bin 5000-7000 coin rejects and now I guess it was all for nothing. Some games stayed unclaimed for over 6 months because they were not worth it even when they were discounted while anything halfway decent was snapped up by richer coin collectors. Hopefully we can at least get some A level games.
Maybe Chrono should transfer the coins to that Creator Store for discounts or something instead of screwing us for being loyal.

What are you even talking about? …

Have you bought a single game from daily deal, have you actually supported Chrono in any way to feel somehow entitled to get something for free or you just collected coins which literally took 1 second and half of kcal to collect and felt like you are doing anything ? You haven’t been ‘loyal’ , you just came for free stuff and now you are unhappy because they are cutting that free stuff out.

It’s called ‘buying’ . Google it.

10 Likes

Dead Cells was on the lower end in terms of quantity. But Earthfall was one of the games which we had a very large amount of keys available for.

Part of my job was getting the coin shop games, 170 different titles that I got for the coin shop (I just counted, lol). It’s been a wild ride. Sometimes I hit the jackpot with incredible titles and I would read all the praise that it got in the community, while other weeks people were less excited (sometimes even angry!) about a title popping up in the coin shop. Since 2017 it has been an emotional roller-coaster :joy:.

Disclaimer: I was not responsible for Poop in My Soup!

24 Likes

:thinking: I wonder who was responsible for that masterpiece

6 Likes

Pretty sure that responsibility lies with @dusty

6 Likes

Any chance you could tell us how the process tended to go? Did any devs approach you/Chrono to put their games in the shop, or did you always have to reach out? Who got paid and how? What were some factors that you had to take into account when determining the quantity of keys and exact date for the games to go live in the coin shop?

The inner workings of a store like this are a fascinating mystery to me and I’d love to learn more ;o;

7 Likes