Choppy Choppy Steam

I am perpetually stuck in a state of trying to log into Steam at the moment, and the client won’t work.

Anyone else having the same issues?

I just realized that I cannot even use the website right now:

.·´¯(>▂<)´¯·.

5 Likes

Haven’t tried today, but meh. Valve, right?

4 Likes

I am having no issues logging in or seeing the site.

5 Likes

the past few days steam was very slow and my downloads were too
other than that no real problems for me

3 Likes

It’s been like that for me this past 2 days. Half the time I can’t get my feed. It’s just blank. Nada!

2 Likes

Valve hasn’t made an announcement of what’s going on/why - but servers have been messed up last couple of days.
Easiest tell something is wonky is when you suddenly don’t see user names but profile nr id instead
how long this will go on only volvo knows :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Asked my car and it said “vroom!” Followed by “vrr” ( it has a small leak somewhere, and that’s the vacuum pump)

Steams been sluggish for me as well last couple days.

4 Likes

I’m having no problems. I opened the site and it’s ok. I’m also currently logged in on the app and no problem at all.

I’ve been playing some games these last few days and everything works fine.

3 Likes

no problem here dude , i wish your problem solved soon

3 Likes

it’s back up, I think. Anyway, my friend list is currently signed in. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Last 2-3 days sometimes list of friends look like party of numbers :partying_face:

2 Likes

First course of action should always be to just check one of the many sites that track steam server status, to find out if it’s a local issue. Sites like:

https://downdetector.com/status/steam/

etc.

4 Likes

Following any time that my Firefox browser gets an update, Steam seems unable to remember my login device (Laptop, Windows 8.1), and so I have to login a dozen times a day, for about a week. Anyone else ever experience that? :eyes: :drum: :zap:

3 Likes

not the dozen times a day, but the “way more frequent than most other sites” definitely
assumption being steam cookie settings is either way shorter than “everyone” else, or firefox/my addons has some wonk interaction :thinking:
but overall FF wonk is just something i’ve come to terms with :pensive:

4 Likes

Steam needs to step up it’s Game.

3 Likes