Bonus Streak Rewards?

Is the coin amount range higher for the different bonus streak rewards as you get the longer streak ones? If so, can you disclose it similar to the daily ones?

1 Like

I’m also curious to know how big the random bonus value is for the streak chests, and what their base values are as well.
I started on one of the first few days that coins were introduced, yet I feel like I’ve been lagging behind on coins, missing out on Hammerwatch and most likely Reigns at this rate.

From what I understand, the system is the same as the daily coins. Base amount plus a random bonus on top (which CAN be zero, so you just get the base amount). I don’t exactly know how the random bonus works, but I am pretending it’s like a random number generator, or like rolling dice (with no idea what the maximum bonus is) based on what I could understand after asking Ionin.

The chests (especially given their pictures) means the bigger the chest (longer the streak), the bigger the base amount is. I don’t know if the bonus is the same, or if they have a different bonus range per larger chest, but I do know the chest amounts are intentionally a secret, and it’s meant to be more of a surprise like a birthday or some other holiday gift. So unlike the daily coins, we don’t know the base amounts of the chests, but when you open them, you can guess what rounded number they used as the base amount and the remainder would be the random bonus.

Perhaps you can chat with the community (full of people who already opened various chests) and see if you can predict the base value for the smaller chests and have it on a Wikipedia or something. At the same time, I imagine Chrono.gg wants it to remain a mystery/surprise for us rather than spoil it with statistics. Well, that’s my guess anyway.

It’s like asking for a label on presents explaining what is hidden in the wrapping. It’s nice to know what we’re aiming for, but at the same time, we may be ruining the fun of these streak bonuses.

1 Like

What he said. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was secretly hoping you would hint on whether the larger chests have a different bonus range of possible numbers or if it’s the same for everything. Pretty please? Just a hint?

I guess it’s fair for it being hidden. The reason I was asking is because if the highest streak reward isn’t that good, it’s best to reset the streak to get consistent rewards for the lower streaks.

I started with 152 and 312 for the three and seven streaks, respectively. The big test is in the fourteen-day reward if it compares well to the first two streaks combined.

2 Likes

I got 140 for the 3 day streak and 317 for the 7 day streak. My guess would be that the 14 day streak should be around 500-600.

Just found out about Coins today - I check the Community deal page rather than the index page. :sweat:

Got 27 coins for my daily and 750 for my first chest.

1 Like

got 974 for the 14-day streak bonus: it’s worth it!

1 Like

Man you got lucky, I only got 844, still good for 14th streak

1 Like

I also got in the 970 range for the 14th streak. Cian got gypped.

mine was only 833 :cry:

A multiplier will be great, for example 1 legendary streak = +0.5 coin multiplier, so two legendary streaks mean double coin multiplier and so on.

1 Like

Oh that’s a neat idea!

2 Likes

Not so much of a fan of the +0.5 coin multiplier considering you’d get to the point where everyone would have so many coins that it’d not become a game of dedication, but a game of “who’s waiting up for the game refresh”, however something like +1 coin on daily spins depending on how many legendary streaks you have seems okay?

Either way I’m still happy for it to just be “cosmetic”, could even go hard on that and make it into forum badges or something. “This user has 4 legendary streaks” a little like that.

3 Likes

I like the forum badge idea, maybe even make it a flair thing so you can have your own icon but with a little extra star, flag or banner indicating streaks optional to display.

I’m generally not very fond of the idea to grant some people more coins as a result of having stuck around longer the rich gets richer sort of deal. That would only dissuade new people from bothering to start. Especially if you also start increasing costs in the shop to sink all the extra generated wealth, an idea thrown around in another thread. Someone who starts collecting now or 3 months would just never have the chance of buying anything.

3 Likes

On one hand, I’m immediately against coin multipliers for legendary streaks idea for reasons SSepiroth and Fraggles have already stated, but upon further thinking I’m not sure if “people waiting for store to refresh” situation is avoidable since as the coin collecting community here grows you would only be able to get anything if you kept refreshing store or nobody else wanted the game, because there would be more people trying to get probably roughly the same number of keys as there were at the beginning.
So perhaps a multiplier wouldn’t actually affect much except give people another shiny number they can raise.
Although if something HAS to be added I’m still more in favour of cosmetic rewards.

1 Like

I would just like to bring up the idea of using coins for further discounts on the daily deal again. It seems like it would help solve the issue of the store being constantly sold out without forcing staff to get more games or inflate prices.