Black Desert Online (Free to Claim to Keep until March 2, 2020)

You can claim to your account and keep forever.

Offer ends March 2, 2020.

I know the One-Box shows the regular price, but it definitely works, I just claimed to my own account.

@Vindace, @dogetail, @Inferry

EDIT:

Don’t click on the “Buy on Steam” big green button, and you may also get a price if you click on the game title through the One-Box, as reported by @DontBeSilly. You may have to go through the store page to get the promotion.

EDIT 2:

This apparently installs XIGNCODE3 onto your computer, and I am not sure, some people say it’s safe, some say it’s not, here’s an explanation on why it’s not safe, so read on before installing I guess:

27 Likes

Thanks @YQMaoski I think for once i will grab a free game :>.

EDIT : ( for me at least ) If you go through one box it adds 9.99( insert your money here ) to your shoping cart. I had to search for it in store and add it from there.

P.S Maybe if enough chronies will grab this and be interested we can try it all together some time?

7 Likes

Might give this one a go, I do tend to enjoy MMOs for the brief time it takes to explore most of the world. Anyone know how much of a penalized 2nd class citizen you are if you don’t spend in the in game store?

8 Likes

Seems like you should be able to do mostly everything without paying for in-game purchases:

This apparently installs XIGNCODE3 onto your computer, and I am not sure, some people say it’s safe, some say it’s not, here’s an explanation on why it’s not safe, so read on before installing I guess:

8 Likes

oooooh thanks! Makes having held off all this time worth it.

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads up on that, will have to take some time to research it before I touch it.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info for the game and the DRM :rage:

Will check it out…:heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

3 Likes

Thank you for the info :wink:

4 Likes

I’d be up for it. Like @YQMaoski said it doesn’t really seem to be P2W except (according to reviews I’ve read) at the high tiers of PVP. That was before they released this whole remastered update and battle royale mode though.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info.

4 Likes

Thanks for letting us know! I already own it on their website, but I prefer it on Steam with all my other games. lol

6 Likes

"An error was encountered while processing your request:

This item is currently unavailable in your region"

3 Likes

I honestly prefer Archeage Unchained as far as this genre of MMOs. No P2W at all in the new version. I did play AA legacy years ago and that was heavy on the P2W. I don’t like how BDO has instanced housing among some other stuff that I just think Archeage does better, but there are plenty of people that prefer the instanced housing because you don’t get locked out of an aspect of the game because you can’t find land like in AA. I think Archeage has a better trading system, although it was better before they changed it. Fishing, ships, and just the sea traveling in general I feel is much better in Archeage, they really did do an amazing job with the sea content. BDO also has a strange gender exclusive class system. Funny enough they are now owned by the same parent company as XL games company(Archeage developer) majority was just bought by them. But as BDO is free right now probably worth a try and I will admit that I haven’t looked into BDO in quite awhile so some stuff may have changed just as it has in AA.

4 Likes

Oh no… I wonder why. Does anyone know if it’s region locked and restricted in specific locations?

5 Likes

Thanks for this :slight_smile:
And the info about the anticheat software scary

4 Likes

I remember XIGNCODE3 was put into Aion a while back.

I remember it had some issues wherein it would toss an error and refuse to launch. However, to my knowledge it’s not like Easy Anti Cheat that refuses to run when any RGB software is running nor like Gameguard for PSO2 that immediately shut down the game if you so much as touched a screen capture program. That being said, it’s been years.

In the end, in my opinion, these anti cheat programs are more of a headache than they are worth.

6 Likes

Thank you for the heads up. I’ve been on the fence about actually picking this up when it goes on sale but if its free might as well try it. ^^

4 Likes

According to what I read if you switch your location to the US (however you choose to do that via VPN or what have you) and buy the key in the US region you can activate it wherever afterwards.

5 Likes

Thank you for letting us all know about this. Very much appreciated :grinning:

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. I’m still hooked into WoW (starter edition) atm so maybe this can fill the void when I inevitably get bored of playing it.

3 Likes