Bethesda Has Started Their Migration to Steam With Some Freebies/Deals

From Kotaku:

"Yesterday Bethesda added five classic titles to Steam, mainly from the Elder Scrolls franchise, including two of its lesser-known and more obscure spin-offs, Redguard and Battlespire. Here’s the full list.

• The Elder Scrolls Arena
  • The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
  • The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard
  • An Elder Scrolls Legend: Battlespire
  • Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory

But not only are these now available on Steam, but some of them are free. You can grab Elder Scrolls Arena and its sequel Daggerfall for free. Plus, the online multiplayer shooter Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory costs 0 bucks at the moment. And while there isn’t any indication from Bethesda that these are temporary deals or mistakes, I’d suggest grabbing them ASAP just in case someone at Bethesda made a mistake during this big move back to Steam.

As a reminder, the Bethesda Launcher and store are shutting down for good on May 11. Starting tomorrow, April 27, Bethesda will allow players to migrate all of their games and wallet funds to Steam. You can read more about that via this recently updated FAQ Bethesda’s released ahead of the big close and move."

The Freebies:

15 Likes

That was easy!
Now all my freebie Bethesda games are on steam.

7 Likes

Ah darn, sorta wish I never bought Arena and Daggerfall now. Well, whatever I only spent like $5 on them.

3 Likes

Thanks @delenn13! I hope you got better from the headaches. :+1:

I managed to move everything to Steam in a few seconds.

And Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory brings memories which I wish I could forget, and it’s one of the main reasons why I stopped playing online multiplayer games.

Edit: And here’s their receipt.

4 Likes

Yep, just moved over my purchases too. Now I got them on Steam for free, where I always wanted them. :rofl:

5 Likes

I’m surprised how easy it was. I only had a few games so it was worth it. Thanks for reminding us!

3 Likes

Now we need Origin to do this. :pray:

4 Likes

It worked, but I had Rage 2 Deluxe Edition on Bethesda’s launcher and it only redeemed the Standard Edition on Steam. Not a huge deal since I didn’t play it anymore, but there’s not even an ‘upgrade to deluxe’ package on steam to buy if I wanted to play the expansions again. Hopefully that gets addressed sometime by steam, if ever lol

3 Likes

I would contact Bethesda support.

https://help.bethesda.net/#en/home

If there is one thing I know about online companies, it is that they need to fix problems while its in the forefront of everyone’s mind. If you wait a few months and try to get it fixed later, they will be less responsive or just say it can’t be done.

Though, I share my steam library with family. So I’m more strict on this stuff since someone else might want to play games I’ve already finished.

3 Likes

Yea, it was easy with my 5 games too. :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes