Apparently, France is second in the world for the production of games (or was in 2014)

still a matter of opinion though

1 Like

Well, Ubisoft is pretty huge. I don’t really care, I’m just going to pretend it’s all because of Spiders :wink:

By the way, I’m serious about those guys. TB is objectively wrong about all of their games. You can’t slam these games just because they’re AA eurojank, then turn around and talk about how great the Witcher series is. It doesn’t work like that.

4 Likes

All this did was make me want to watch Armageddon again

American components, Russian components, ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! And if in doubt hit it with a wrench

Probably doesn’t hold up though

5 Likes

wait what? i thought he disliked the games, because they are “bad”/meh games?
i mean, the “general consensus” seem to be their games aren’t “great”, and that the last couple, bound by flame and technomancer were sorta not even that good but just mediocre/average on a good day
(that being said, i myself haven’t played those 2 so can’t say, but that’s what i read -where as the general consensus is Witcher 2+3 is good and great and not just average/meh)

i mean none of their games received “great” reviews…
(didn’t stop me from wanting Faery, Mars war logs, or buying Of Orcs and Men tho -that last one might be more Cyanide tho maybe?)
so maybe they do deserve some light slamming for their creations? or when comparing to the Witchers, but i doubt its for their locale, or credit rating

PS, i thought Yahtzee griping over technomancer was particular fun this time around, -he’s so grumpy :joy:

3 Likes

Eurojunk reminded me of Elex and Raven’s cry.

IGN: :thinking:/10

1 Like

I think that if something is made in China, its Chinese.

just like Fosters Beer is brewed in Sheffield or something, making it technically a British beer, and everyone thinks they’re an Austrailian brand, but it’s not, it’s just branded AS Austrailian, “oh but the people who made it were Austrailain futtin’ ralph and frank fosters made it with their bare hands” yeah, they did. but nowadays its made in Sheffield, that makes it as Austrailian as the Kaiser Chiefs.

2 Likes

Everyone in this topic is communicating in English, therefore, England is the top source of comments in this thread. Welcome honourary Brits.

6 Likes

oooh don’t say that to America they’ll start a war of “independence” again :wink:

especially with trumpington in charge,

4 Likes

As long as I get to live in Canada when they’re done it’s all good.

2 Likes

And if you go into a pub in Australia it’s very unlikely you will be able to get Fosters, I’ve seen them sold in liquor stores but almost no one drinks it, there are so many other more popular beers.

2 Likes

The Witcher 1 and 2 are also pretty rough, I’d honestly argue Spiders games are a lot more polished than those games ever will be. They just don’t handle like other games. Spiders has an interesting combat system that feels a little close to what Jade Empire was gonig for; a lot of people mark it as a weak point, but I think the combat works perfectly.

I’d recommend all of them personally, but Bound by Flame is probably my least favorite due to some seriously spongy enemies.