Any Dealings with GAMIVO?

I am thinking about buying Win 11 Pro from there. Any one had any experience with them?

My head is bothering me so I would appreciate any feedback you have.

https://www.gamivo.com/product/windows-11-professional-for-5-pc

4 Likes

Sounds like a grey market site along the lines of G2A. At least that’s what I’m getting out of a quick search on the matter. I would probably not do business with them, mostly on a moral stand point rather than a risk assessment.

4 Likes

It is grey market, so that’s the risk. I’ve bought maybe 5 times there before, never an issue, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be. If you do and something goes wrong, just do charge back/dispute it.

3 Likes

is it bad that I am still running Win 10? I figured I might keep it until support runs out but maybe I should upgrade ti Win 11 at some point. I know it’s free to download, I just keep pushing it back.

Gamivo is grey market, I don’t know how MS handles their software distributions, for stuff like Steam keys it’s fine since you are getting something to activate and you know if it works or not. But for Windows, I don’t know if there’s a chance that they have some funky way of falsifying/tricking the system, thus generating something that might work for you short term, but screw up long term. I would probably avoid for Windows. Agree with Fraggles on that sourcing is unclear, and who knows if they have any legit means to sell the product.

3 Likes

While an OS is still supported and has the features the software you’re using need, there is no problem with using it. And Win11 in particular seems to be as anti-consumer as Win10, if not worse, so holding off is completely understandable xP I’m probably going to stop using Windows entirely when MS drops support for Win10, or earlier, I’m tired of their shit.

Bootleg Windows keys can indeed be revoked I believe, so I think it’s best to avoid greymarket sites.

Edit: Win10 isn’t getting feature updates anymore, but it’s still supported with security updates, and will be until Oct 2025. So, you have until then to choose a new OS / wait for Win11 to be worth using.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone. I thought it was. Just needed confirmation. And the Chronies came thro. Like Usual. :revolving_hearts:

3 Likes