Alternate Steam account key activation

Hello!

First time posting on the chrono forums. I have a question about the rules regarding steam key activation. My wife has a separate steam account and I wanted to buy her a copy of a recent daily deal which I have already purchased for myself. Is it possible for me to just buy a second key or would she have to make her own chrono account? I don’t want to break any rules but it would like to buy her a key quickly and be done with it since she generally doesn’t have any interest in keeping up with a chrono account.

13 Likes

I have bought 2 keys before on the daily and given them away…so there shouldn’t be any problem.

And…Welcome to the forum… :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

11 Likes

If the site allows you to buy a 2nd key then it shouldn’t be a problem, go ahead by all means. If it doesn’t then the system is set up that way for a reason and your wife would require her own account.

Well looks like it shouldn’t be a problem then.

11 Likes

When I go to buy a key there’s a drop-down for quantity so I think you’re good c:

11 Likes

Only keep one account on Chrono and buy 2 keys, do not make another account. If you do, you may end up being automatically flagged as someone with multiple accounts to collect Chrono coins, which is against site rules. Usually this automatically disables you from being able to use your coins to buy anything from the coin shop.

8 Likes

Thanks for the answers! I hope you all have a great day!

8 Likes

Buying multiple times (or multiple copies one time) is absolutely fine. Depending on the exact circumstances your purchase may get flagged and denied, but that’s pretty rare. If it happens just throw us an email at help@chrono.gg and we’ll get you sorted out ASAP.

11 Likes