[Alienware Arena] The Game Vault Thread

I can see someone really doesn’t love Alienware anymore… :eyes:

Jokes aside, I understand how frustated people have became with the changes, where the good stuff (like The Game Vault) got eclipsed by all the bad things they also did like the controversy with the Dellware rewards, the generic looking alien avatars and the fact that bots and resellers are still an issue regarding giveaways.

Just goes to show how much corporations care about you. If they listened to what at least 1% of the community wants and warned everyone a month before the changes this wouldn’t be the disaster it is now.

6 Likes

I have yet to get this to work…I click…Nada…l

5 Likes

I wish I could help but surprise, surprise, this event is “not available in my region”. :-1:
I know this because I did the search for items on the main website and then once I found the link I was greeted with the message above.

You can try the following:

• Disable all Ad Blockers, including those built-in in the browser;
  • Clear Cache and Login again;
  • Change between browsers and see which one fixes the issue;
  • Contact Support.
5 Likes

One hour to go before they open the vault @ Alienware Arena.

5 Likes

It has begun, go, go, go!

https://www.alienwarearena.com/marketplace/game-vault

Edit: All out of stock!

Edit 2: I’ve tried to redeem the key for Cyberpunk 2077 and then this happened…

SURPRISE!

Yeah… Looks like @delenn13 was right all along. :roll_eyes:

And the complaints are in:

https://www.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/2163856/boards/awa-on-topic/ForumPost/my-cyberpunk-key-is-for-witcher-3

Edit 3:

Looks like this was a screw up from CDPR’s side. They’ll fix it soon.

Edit 4:

And now we wait… :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

I was about to grab dolmen for some odd reason but I think I better save my points. :grin: :+1:

6 Likes

That seems like a weird mistake. I doubt it was CDPR’s fault, but if it was, they’ll fix it for sure. And I bit the bullet and redeemed the only game still available, Dolmen. It activated okay, as “Dolmen - Beta Testing” but shows the game in my library. I hope I get to keep it after the game is actually released on steam tomorrow :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Heh, it just so happens that “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition” is my number one game on my Steam Wish List. I wonder if that Witcher key will still work after they send you your Cyberpunk? I’d be very happy to try it if you don’t want it. :nerd_face:

4 Likes

@markwr Well, I’ll have to wait and see what happens first.

Let’s hope they don’t revoke the keys and we end up with two games for the price of one. :grin:

@themadmax Yeah, they’ll probably fix this issue soon than we expect if it was the case.
The key says “beta testing” but it’s actually the full game. No need to worry about it. :+1:

4 Likes

hey at least you got a free witcher 3 GOG key! :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

@Rhyagelle Yeah, two games for the price of one, hopefully. :+1:

And we got another update:

Firefox_Screenshot_2022-05-20T16-48-44.924Z

And another:

Firefox_Screenshot_2022-05-20T18-04-02.422Z

And another one:

And here’s just a comment I found interesting:

Firefox_Screenshot_2022-05-20T23-46-18.872Z

5 Likes

When you choose to claim the game does it tell you it is a GOG key and not a Steam key? Or is this information somewhere else? Additionally, are ALL the games on marketplace going to be GOG keys? I personally do not use their service so that would be a HUGE bummer after all these ARP changes. Thanks in advance.

6 Likes

Not sure if it tells you or not as I missed the games but being as Cyberpunk is made by CDPR, they also own GOG, you will generally get their games on GOG. I would guess most games in the vault will be Steam keys though.

6 Likes

@agusnavarro The only ways I know to check out are to consult the forums beforehand or take a look at the game vault page’s code. I explain this in one of my past posts.

And usually mostly keys are for Steam while a select few will be for GOG.

7 Likes

Thanks guys! Appreciate the responses. :grinning:

6 Likes

Thanks, Did all the above but contact support. After all the other stuff, I just don’t care enough to contact them.

And after the fiasco of the game vault, I think Alienware could screw up a free lunch some how.

7 Likes

excited

7 Likes

Got another update from them. The Witcher 3 keys won’t be revoked! :partying_face:

And before someone asks I already gave the key to someone on Nexus Discord whom I “owe” a game.

Edit: Finally the keys will arrive!

7 Likes

And I finally got my CP 2077 key!

Firefox_Screenshot_2022-05-25T19-39-35.479Z

11 Likes

Congrats!! :tada:

7 Likes