Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition is launching a new way to play!

Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition is launching a new way to play! For the first time, new players can now join the ranks of this historical and stunning RTS experience with a rotating roster of the game’s 16 civilizations which can be played in both single player and multiplayer games FREE of purchase on Steam.

Now is the time to try Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition! Play for the first time or current AoE III: DE players can invite their friends for epic battles in striking 4K Ultra HD graphics.

Starting today, AoE III: DE will be offering new players the opportunity to play from a selection of rotating civilizations and other features like the ‘Blood’ Story Mode campaign, the Algiers Historical Battle, along with the tutorial and The Art of War challenge. And now, all players will be able to join in on monthly global events to unlock new Hero Cosmetics!

It’s the first choice (Free to Play)…

EDIT: You can also get this DLC free:

10 Likes

Thanks @markwr :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

4 Likes

“a trial version” is all you really get tho. not the full experience sadly.
A good way to lure new players to a good game. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I get the impression there is one big difference from a normal trial. The way they describe it, it sounds like the game is only limited in the respect of civilizations you can play. On any given day, you will choose among 3 civilizations available at that time. I think they will then start to rotate which civilizations are in the daily group of 3, but that you will see them rotate among all 16 civilizations on a rotating basis. I think the one other thing that is missing is the ability to initiate multiplayer, though any friends that own the full game can invite you to their multiplayer session. Of course you should also be able to play single-player mode, choosing to start playing a game with one of the 3 civilizations presented too you on that day. Feel free to correct me or add more info. :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Thanks @markwr :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

3 Likes