[Active now worldwide (it seems)] [Free Steam Key] Little Nightmares

Yeah, me too.
Apparently the email wasn’t enough. I should have sent the nudes…

4 Likes

I got this in my email

I go to get the key and give it to the person I promised it to and this is what I get

WTH! :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

5 Likes

That is one short game xD

5 Likes

@SeekerSupreme Yeah, me too, and also pics of where I live so they’d have some mercy on me. :sweat_smile:

@delenn13 Really ? I guess the page which was supposed to give the keys expired together with the giveaway, so, gg. :pensive:

3 Likes

Pretty sure I never received an email for the NA one. So much for having better chances with that one.
Glad the EU one eventually worked out for me at the time, otherwise I wouldn’t have it. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Still one more week to go before the 2 week window is closed, have not received anything either myself. Never got around to making a namcobandai account to try and claim the EU giveaway.

2 Likes

Haven’t received anything myself either, and I registered using the NA link. Oh well.

3 Likes

My email finally came in, and…

4 Likes

yeah, just got the same thing :joy:

where did they ever say it wasn’t a general giveaway for everyone who signed up :man_shrugging:

i was lucky enough to get one from the EU giveaway though

2 Likes

Not so much a giveaway as a raffle then. Same result here unfortunately, didn’t bother with the EU one myself.

2 Likes

Also just got that email … ಠ_ಠ

Though thanks to the generosity of @DontBeSilly I came out of the experience with a key anyway!

3 Likes

well that’s fucking stupid. I do not recall them explicitly saying it was a drawing.

They can get stuffed.

2 Likes

In the sign-up form.

2 Likes

Omg I received the same mail too, this is ridiculous lol.

2 Likes

so, no. They are trying to get away with saying “chance”. However, in order to run a drawing, or sweepstakes, whatever you want to call it you have to provide a legal document detailing the terms of said drawing. As far as I can tell, those terms were in fact, NOT provided. The terms and conditions listed are for getting an account and/or providing them with your information.

Until I see substantive evidence (aka more than “Well they said chance”) I am labelling this as a bait and switch.

5 Likes

EDIT: cross that, these are for a different one, I think they removed the link for the one we were entering

2 Likes

always read the fine print - on the back page - in invisible ink :face_with_monocle:
also, am i the only one finding it absurdly strange that during the same promo EU got it for free and guaranteed, but US was a “sweepstakes” ? :thinking:

3 Likes

it seems fishy, yeah. In my opinion, it’s not really worth doing much beyond being extremely disappointed in Bandai Namco and trusting them less.

I do know if I knew it was a sweepstakes I wouldn’t have bothered.

3 Likes

Yeah, I mean, there’s no question about it being buried. The only reason I saw the rules was because I’m something of a fine print aficionado (professional deviation).
To get to it one had to go to “Terms of Service”, then find the right section with a link to a listing of “Community Events”, and only then there are terms for those events. And this path is neither obvious nor intuitive.

Still, maybe it’s just me, but I see so many chances of this kind every week, that I identify them same way as I identify advertisements - subconsciously.

2 Likes

yeah I saw the location for them, but the Wayback machine didn’t have a copy of it from when it was active.

So if there was indeed rules, then they wouldn’t be baiting and switching. They would just be wording it incorrectly with a concurrent everyone gets one giveaway. Which is still a bit of a douche move.

2 Likes