AAA games

I have been in this community for a long time but I dont see any demanding AAA titles coming on to the shop yet.

2 Likes

You sure? there has been plenty over the time the forums have been active, I would link but that would mean searching for really pointless conversations.

7 Likes

i guess you missed the recent deals with The Surge, Xcom2, Kingdom Come deliverance, Dying Light Enhanced edition, and such then? :thinking:

and it’s hard to say what’s “coming” to the shop, since we don’t know… and the chrono team probably try to keep that info under wraps for good reason :wink:
but you are right, they are mostly about indie/smaller good games than the “big boys”

(also, AAA isn’t an automatic qualifier for either “good game”, quality or “good deal”) :smirk:

11 Likes

Wait @quan1232004 did you mean the coin shop or the deal a day “shop”?

7 Likes

oh yea, i just assumed the regular shop, not coinshop, because asking for AAA there is a whooole other level of things/difference, imo :grimacing:

7 Likes

Also didn’t we have hellblade, vermintide 2, dirt rally, shadow warrior 2? I guess they are kind of AAA right?

10 Likes

Those games are better than many triple-A titles.

10 Likes

Two filthy indie causalist walk into a bar.

The first one says “AAA title suck,” the second agrees.

That’s the punchline.

I love Chrono and I really like how many great deals I got over time either from the coin shop or the daily deal. Production value says nothing about a product, otherwise I guess PotC: on Stranger Tides (most expensive movie ever made) would be WAY better than Curse of the Black Pearl and the whole ‘sense of pride and accomplishment’ thing wouldn’t have happened because the game would be too above that ignorance standard due to its big studio and heavy pockets.

10 Likes

Uh, Insurgency blows every AAA shooter out of the water… (Incase OP’s talking about the coin shop)

3 Likes

Is it just me or is it normally brand new members that pop up with the “where are all the AAA games?”
I like that Chrono dont have AAA all the time.
I love the Indie games and the quirky titles.

2 Likes

AAA games are shite, 90% of them are pandering attempts to rape you of all your money, (microtransactions etc) there are only a couple of trustworthy creators out there and even those ones don’t treat their subsidiaries right, HBS made battletech for paradox and didn’t even mention them in their advert of it. EA put microtransaction in a Fifa game, (EA are just bad period) the new CoD is just copying whats popular, (BR BS, I like battle royale, but it needs to be done right, like TABG) so to be honest I’m GLAD there are never any triple A titles here, I’d never buy them, the MOST interesting recently was hellblade, that seemed a decent game but it won a emmy grammy or whatever, so that makes it less appealing, seeing as though every game I’ve played that won any academy award was long boring drawn out crap. is cyberpunk 2077 AAA? I’ve not actually heard much about it ( trying to limit spoilers, it was the most interesting game at e3) but even that will probably have plenty of things wrong with it by the time it’s released.

rant over, IOW Indie games 4 lyf.

6 Likes

Depends on your idea of what AAA is. It’s developed by CDProject Red and published by the same so by that metric it’s an indie game. If you’re looking at what AAA really means, it’s a credit score rating, meant to suggest a big profitable company that investors would feel very safe to put their money into. I don’t know what credit rating CDProject Red has but they might just be A or AA level.

3 Likes

The Witcher 3 is indie? :thinking::rofl:

4 Likes

eurgh, is that really how that works?

I always thought it was a nondescript name added onto games to make them seem more lucrative.

if someone makes indie games, it has to uphold to the word “indie” which is short for “independent” so if they use a publisher (like before with battletech, it was made by HBS an indie company, but that game is published through paradox, thus making that game not an indie game, in my eyes) then I don’t think they’re indie anymore.

like with indie music, as soon as you get a publisher its game over for your indie title.

@LordAo ahhh thats what I remember they’d done I’d heard of xD I never played the witcher series they seemed longer and more drawn out than the star wars series.

4 Likes

Their parent company CD Projekt also runs GOG.

Legends.

4 Likes

WHAT

THATS AWESOME.

does that make GoG an “indie” client? :thinking:

3 Likes

Just as much as steam is, valve is also technically an independent company. They’re not even publicly traded.
You could also of course argue that anything that gets a console release ceases to be an independent release as at that point they are for all practical purposes published by that console manufacturer. The content is subject to all the limitations that the consoles demand and have to go through their certification procedures. At which point you’ve lost a certain measure of your creative control, even if you never had the intent of straying outside the bounds sony/ms/nintendo sets up.

5 Likes

it was just a joke xD

it’s businessly impossible to publish a client through someone else xD

1 Like

“Indie” is used for a lot of games with publishers these days, and some publishers specialize in “indie” games. Those publishers are largely the same as the big boys, just on a smaller scale - they may provide funding, they may meddle, etc. The only difference is that a lot of them let the dev keep the IP. But there’s already a term for that and it’s “creator-owned”, not “indie” /:
I don’t know what “indie” means in the context of games anymore, so I’ve stopped using it for my own stuff.

6 Likes

Yeah I guess devolver fit into that category, they kinda muck up the otherwise perfect theory though xD

4 Likes