As the 2010s come to a close, I think it will be interesting to see what we have come to appreciate and accomplished on what we have done. I know all I’ve been doing is making off topic posts but I usually like doing these as it gives another insight of the community that isn’t just about games. It’d be interesting to see what you guys will take away from the decade, perhaps gaming related or not. It can be a simple event that turned into something unforgettable, an accomplishment for a huge task or whatever. Sadly mine isn’t super gaming related but it will not be an unforgettable decade for myself.
- I was able to experience the rise of affordability of gaming titles, at least on PC. The deals are pretty cool and as someone who doesn’t like spending much money on entertainment, this is really great. (yeah it’s a weak point to start on but it will get more interesting later on hopefully)
- Getting to perform with the choir for a few years help me to boost confidence somewhat as well as a little bit of discipline. It wasn’t a super long tenure but it was a really fun and unforgettable time for myself.
- Helping out to start an event taught me some management skills and gave me insight on how events like these are run (well at least I hope so)
- Gained my love for pop culture in general from video games, cartoons and movies. Also beginning to gain an appreciation for musicals somewhat, though the ticket prices are a pain.
- Finally learned how to swim (well, not great but getting the hang of it)
- Went outside to cave and forest trekking a few times (with a guide of course, but still it was a load of fun despite the amount of dirt it caused for the former especially)
- Didn’t fail my high school leaving exams (yeah that is important if you’re like me)
So yeah, that was just a collection of my memories that has happened throughout this decade. Not a whole lot significant but it was still at least eventful somewhat. It would be really interesting to see what you guys have to say about this.