A New Beginning - Final Cut (FREE GIVEAWAY) {closed}

It ain’t much, but to put it simply, I have too many point and click games.

V2KQH-EE4KG-ITGW?
Here’s the code, but to prevent it from being abducted by bots, you must solve for ? at the end of the key by using this equation ----> download
Time to take that knowledge and put it to good use!

12 Likes

Solved the equation to solve the equation. No not telling.

9 Likes

Ok, I really won’t be adding OCR and quadratic equation recognition to the bot…

9 Likes

I solved the equation and did try to add it, but looks like someone added OCR and equation solving to their bot as the key has already been redeemed. You can plug these rather simple sort of equations into google these days though so the bot itself only needs to do that.

I did grab @Halcypher’s avatar icon code though, thank you. I’m not a monster always looked very interesting to me, if only it had more players.

8 Likes

Hahaha, you are welcome, I wondered how long it would take before someone checked if it was a real steam key, took longer than I expected.

I did the same, I suspect @Pylinaer is actually an AI

7 Likes

Are you telling me there was a HOG/Point&Click game up for grabs and the guy who took it didn’t even say thank you? Ahem @ unknown person who took the key:
F*** OFF EVERYBODY DESPISES YOUR WORTHLESS SOUL

Oh, side note, yeah I probably would have liked that game :slight_smile:

6 Likes

If it makes you feel better, you probably wouldn’t.

A New Beginning is widely regarded as the weakest of all Daedalic p&c games. Granted, I really dislike Deponia, but A New Beginning to me just felt boring and full of plot holes and unlikable characters. I played it in 2013, shortly after it had been released and, even back then, I thought it was boring af.

If you’re into p&c games and played your fair share of them – I know you have, Four – then you should probably give it a pass. It’s likely not going to be any better (or stand up to) than anything you’ve already tried.

All things considered, the Final Cut is 90% off Steam currently so, if you’re that curious, know it’s pretty cheap to get it either way.

Here’s a POSITIVE and a NEGATIVE review of A New Beginning, both with excellent points.

8 Likes

Pro tip: dont give any hints if is a number, cause you only have 10 tries to get it rigth ratter than 26, sooner or later the manually input gets faster than the brain doing the calcule :smiley:

6 Likes

Ah well, thanks, I didn’t realise it’s daedalic, I don’t enjoy any of their games afaik so chances are…well, nvm then, the “thief” won nothing :ok_man:

Deponia is awful is probably why you didn’t like it :sweat_smile::grin:

7 Likes

Bruteforcing 101

7 Likes

Talking trash about Deponia again, are we? :thinking:

Sure, knock the sequels all you want, I don’t care (they have their moments but I hate the character arc). The original, though? It’s a world of scummy people who live for themselves, and I enjoyed every second of going through its stupid-yet-usually-logical world. I even liked Rufus by the end of the original, which I really didn’t expect.

And YOU? YOU WHO WOULD DARE TO CRITICISE DAEDALIC’S CROWN JEWEL? You are fully entitled to your opinion that happens to differ from my own and I hope you have a pleasant day.

11 Likes

Nope. Wasn’t really interested in the game but was curious as to what the answer was.

9 Likes

Pretty sad state of affairs that their “crown jewel” is Deponia.

Personally, I found Pillars of the Earth superior in every level in comparison all their previous p&c titles, but to each their own. Additionally, Blades of the Shogun also got heaps of critial acclaim.

I guess the main point of the post, however, is that A New Beginning isn’t a very good game.

I’ll refrain from mentioning Deponia next time I’m trying to make a point.

10 Likes

Shadow Tactics is only published by Daedelic though, all credit for that game goes to Mimimi productions. They’re currently making Desperados III which I am also looking forward to.

10 Likes

Cool, ty for clarifying.

8 Likes

Yeah, if you really want to get technical Shadow Tactics is probably their biggest game… but it’s only published, not developed. I got corrected a lot on this while talking about Paradox and Cities Skylines.

I really just defend Deponia as a joke at this point. I did enjoy the game as I said, but I get why someone would find it unappealing, especially if you don’t care for the main character towards the beginning. Trash the sequels all you want, though…

8 Likes

This equation is only linear.
But yeah, OCR and just how the equation relates to the key would probably be the hardest part.

6 Likes

That is exactly what a clandestine AI would say though…

Indeed it is, yes.

7 Likes

Obviously I’m way too late to get anything here, but it was fun to solve the equation, it’s been so long since school. Thanks for this little brainteaser :slight_smile:

5 Likes

noice

5 Likes