A memorial to Coraline

She will be missed. RIP

9 Likes

So… I’ve been writing this message for about two weeks or so now and holding onto it for even longer. It took me a while to get this off my chest.

I may not be around Chrono much these days, but its community had a huge impact when I was going through a very tumultuous time in my life… just a buncha great people that got together, though not always in agreement, to talk vidyagames and whatever else. Coralinecastell was at the center of that.

I may not have ever known her on a personal level, but Carmela was… well, really, a one-of-a-kind person. She brought a real energy to this forum. Never hostile or uncivil, but whatever she brought up or joined in on, she brought a fiery passion and enthusiasm to it.

You really get to see a person’s true colors by disagreeing with them, and where Carmela was at odds, she was all the same-- a genuinely passionate person, ready to get fired up but never going on the offensive.

I can’t think of an internet forum I’ve really felt welcome to before Chrono, and whether it was a fiery rundown on translated works, the proclamation of her arrival via an ominous Elmo gif, an upbeat account of international travel, or a rebuttal declaring her unending hatred for the Deponia series, she brought a lot of positivity to this community that I desperately needed in my life.

I’ve never been good at expressing this kind of thing-- I’m far from a public speaker and my ability to communicate stops at my own thought process. It’s really tough to put my feelings about this into words, but I can at least attest to the fact that she brought a youthful energy everywhere she went here, and I don’t think this forum will ever be the same without the apocalyptic Muppet heralding her arrival.

That’s kinda all I can really put into words. After having held onto this message for weeks on end I think it’s time I actually post it. We’ll miss you, coraline, but knowing you’re in a better place helps a good deal.

20 Likes

In my country we have a saying about deceased people, its something like this:
"To know if the person was good or bad, you just have to look at how many mourn them"

Haven’t known caroline at all but now i know that she was a good person.

14 Likes

I am so, so sorry I missed this somehow. I have no idea how, but I did and now, reading this thread, it truly hurts. As some will know, I used to be far more active here. I had to step away for personal reasons, but I have had a very soft spot for the entirety of Chrono since that time and Coraline was very much a key reason for that.

You see, what drew me into this community at that time was the happy friendly nature. The lack of keyboard warriors or antagonists. I posted at the time that the site was like a calm happy oasis to me. And Coraline was the absolute personification of that. Such a sweet and generous soul in all her interactions with me and all I saw with others.

I have more to express but I simply don’t know how right now.

Sleep well sweet lady and thanks for being an inspiration and a friend, albeit so sadly briefly. The world just got a little darker for not having your light in it x

14 Likes

I dont know her and sorry,she looks and beautiful person,nice,gentle but the death not forgive nobody sadly :(. I hope she is rest in peace

6 Likes

There are people who still comment on her Steam page…:persevere:

6 Likes