Your thoughts Humble Bundle Monthly, now with more.... choice?

Guess I have to look up Denuvo. Is like some odd third-party thing? I’ve seen that name on games on sale before too.

4 Likes

It’s an Anti-Tamper/DRM. While those two things are not the same, AFAIK, Denuvo will lock you out, hence it should classify as a DRM as well.

My main problem is that companies refuse to remove it, even past its useful time. At that time, it becomes another piece of software that I must install to play a game.

We’ve had many an argument over this particular topic on Chrono, and I’d rather not do so again. (Those of you who I’m talking to should probably know who you are.)

6 Likes

It be it be. :100: :penguin:

6 Likes

The big issue I have with Humble’s good offerings is that, as has been mentioned before when Dark Souls 3 was bundled, they’re incomplete. This months early unlocks, Kingdom Come and Surviving Mars, BOTH have a shed load of DLC that actually look decent. In my mind I reason that if games aren’t going to be played any time soon then it’s far better to wait for a future sale and pick up the complete packages, rather than get bits of the whole. Assassin’s Creed Origins was another example of that too…

9 Likes

For the most part I do agree with you and waiting for a GOTY edition has long been my strategy. Sadly though it seems in later years that this practice is starting to be phased out, it’s getting rarer and rarer to see a good complete edition being released these days.

I had been waiting for a long time for Xcom 2 to release as such and that’s still not available. Even the first game has not recieved such treatment so I’m losing out hope it’ll happen. Sure there’s a steam bundle package but it’s just buying the separate parts as one and only with a small discount. For xcom 2 they’re still asking 122e for it.

Kingdom Come deliverance does have a “royal edition” released already which comes with all the DLC and is well cheaper than buying everything separately. Though it was only released at the end of May this year so you might want to let it sit and ripen for a bit. This is the reason I’m still a bit on the fence about this bundle.

Although, one benefit of these steam packages is that IF you do already own the base game or other parts of the package you do get the package cheaper. Which is not something you would get with a separate GOTY edition.

6 Likes

I was gonna mention that kindom come isn’t the full version, but im not that bothered, that content is worth that wait, but Im only after the base package, which is normally alone worth 15 pounds in my eyes.

4 Likes

hey so bundles were supposed to go through today, anyone else only have the two games from the early buy show up?

3 Likes

I’m having the same issue

4 Likes

Well, you can at least go to the monthly site and see what the games are:

but the game keys are not coming through yet.

6 Likes

okay phew…

glad it’s not just me.

edit: okay they’re back xD I got scared haha cause I had some credit card issue of late and though that might affect it.

4 Likes

hmm this might be the first time in almost 3 years I pause my sub, really cant decide though. Have no interest in death match online shooter type games and already have like 60 hours in Slay the spire on game pass. I guess it would be nice to actually “own” slay the spire though, such a great chill game to pass the time. BTW The Adventure Pals is a pretty good local co-op game, got that one on twitch.

7 Likes

Early unlocks were great,but i’m not sure about the rest as well… going to trade them off probably or just give them to people from my friendlist who has them wishlisted.

4 Likes

Agree but Slay the Spire does look fun. So I’m guessing from your post it’s a ‘play forever’ game - never gets repetitive? Has no set level ending?

3 Likes

Well the cool thing about it is there are so many different cards and relics that every play through feels different. The RNG does suck sometimes but still have tons of fun with it. Play it a little everyday, it is easy to start and stop since you can save at any point. Haven’t got bored of it yet and havent unlocked everything yet either.

4 Likes

No it definitely does get repetitive, but I put about 150h into it before I put it aside. The primary point of fatigue came from the monsters rather than the cards or deck, there’s only so many creatures to fight and that’s where the game started getting boring to me.

There’s plenty of mods that add new and interesting decks and cards, have not yet seen one that adds new interesting encounters though. (Just went looking and there are a few now, will have to try those out)

The game has 2 or 3 endings. But it’s a rogue lite sort of game you play it either until you fail or “win” and then you go again, it’s not one perpetual game going on forever.

I would highly recommend it if you think you like what you see.

5 Likes

very nice!

10 Likes

That is a pretty solid bundle. I would not have been disappointed with it had I not already owned slay the spire. Guacamele 2 and Distance are games I know I would want, God’s trigger looks interesting and mothergunship could be as well.

9 Likes

that’s the beauty of humble monthly: I feel the complete opposite from you. Thank goodness I don’t have enough money to dump on humble monthly lmao :joy:

4 Likes

yup will never complain when there are that many co-op games in a monthly :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Guess which lil squirrel forgot to pause again. >.< points to self

I had already traded for State of Mind, so it’s a dupe for me now. Also traded Squad with someone who really wanted it.

The other stuff, I’ve never even heard of save Guacamelee 2. O_o

#isaditz

So if there’s anything in there any of you lovelies really would like, hit me up in PM.

6 Likes