Your thoughts Humble Bundle Monthly, now with more.... choice?

I have Uplay, Origin, GOG, and Steam.

I should make a post ripping all of them a new one. Someone remind me this upcoming weekend.

4 Likes

make a post ripping Uplay, Origin, GoG, Steam, Discord and Twitch a new one :+1:
-reminder posted :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Iā€™ve never tried the Uplay launcher really - only wanted to play Prince of Persia Sands of Time and the Assassinā€™s Creed stuff they gave away one year. Dunno why people are so mad at it.

Steam is odd to me, but it doesnā€™t crash super often so Iā€™m not that mad.

Origin works okay - have played Sims 2 and a bit of Plants vs Zombies.

GOG - only just started on that. No controller set up at all, so itā€™s Joy2key for that. Trying to play Alone in the Dark 1 - you know, one of those old DOS games where you die a whole lot. Saves, ftw.

I may be a bit obsessed with Edward Carnby

Epic - got a few of the freebies, never installed the launcher. Still would love if just play Hades - itā€™s so pretty, versatile and fun looking and the voice actingā€¦ :heart:

3 Likes

If you want some more kindling, Iā€™ve also got Kartridge, which is the Kongregate launcherā€¦

4 Likes

how exactly does Twitch fit into that list?

2 Likes

twitch client +prime games? :man_shrugging:
just listed everything i remembered that had a client and did games
-would have put Humble on there too, but they donā€™t bother with a launcher and doesnā€™t seem to force torrent on you with still having direct downloads
so yea, Twitchā€¦ :+1:
rip 'em up good Pylinaer ! :rofl:

5 Likes

thereā€™s Twitch client games? didnā€™t even know; i know u get games from Twitch prime through Amazon prime, but i didnt know those went through a client, i assumed those were direct download or something

does Twitch sell games too? or is it just for free Prime games?

4 Likes

iā€™ve no idea manā€¦
i just know twitch has a client, and does games
whether or not those 2 are even connected at all i canā€™t be bothered with(would kinda assumed was downloaded via amazon/direct download too),
-but they have both, so in my category they fit for a rippin :smile:

ā€¦
okay i actually did just bother to check, and according to this How to Claim Your Free Twitch Prime Games | Tom's Guide

Any free games you get from Twitch Prime need to be launched via the Twitch desktop app

so they are definitely most deserving of a placement in the "rip 'em a new one"department :joy::+1:

5 Likes

They do sell games. Itā€™s not very well organized, to be perfectly honest.

You can find their game store here:
ā€¦

after a Google search, it seems the game store shut down last November due to how little it was used. The fact that I didnā€™t even know that speaks volumes.

Well, Twitch, thank you for your service. You made me a DMC fan.

6 Likes

From my experience the Twitch client is the worst them all, with no features except for launching the games, and I donā€™t think you can even launch them if youā€™re offline. But theyā€™ve given away some great games that Iā€™m happy to play even if I need to use their client.

4 Likes

Twitch didnā€™t actively stop me from playing Devil May Cry HD on Steam, so still better than Epic IMO.

6 Likes

Reminder was supposed to be this weekend. As in, starting today.

3 Likes

alright, iā€™ve got all of them downloaded and have dabbled a bit with each. Iā€™ve got flak for all of them already. Iā€™ll cook up a post tomorrow with everything I can find.

4 Likes

Since the main feature of this monthā€™s humble monthly was a Uplay title I was obviously not going to pay $12 to keep the sub going from last month. But then a couple of days a go Humble decided to send me a link to give a ā€˜friendā€™ a free month trial to the monthly. Which of course my good friend Alt Email accepted.

I hope the unlocked games are worth creating a new humble account for.

5 Likes

So AC:Origins they is offering now are not for steam?

4 Likes

No it isnā€™t even a uplay key, you have to link your ubisoft account to humble to redeem it.

6 Likes

iā€™m kinda curious what you have done to keep getting all these bonus promo monthly emails
:thinking: i wonder if itā€™s the whole ā€œplaying hard to getā€ that makes all the difference :smile:

5 Likes

Yeah gotta keep blueballing them until they just canā€™t stand it anymore. Dangle that credit card in front of them then pull away and cancel the payment in the last week. : )

5 Likes

ahh thatā€™s why,
welp, iā€™m too easy, they practically own my credit card at this point and barely has to ask before going shopping at the mall :rofl:

4 Likes

This is the funniest part though:
capture

Iā€™M just such a loyal customer you know!
Wishful thinking on their part I believe. Or are they trying to guilt trip me?
Ooohā€¦ oh no they think Iā€™ve been loyal? Oh my now I feel so bad about only buying the stuff I want, Iā€¦ I guess I should get that 12 month sub now.

11 Likes