your special christmas or whatever holiday foods that you love

I usually make Leche Flan and

picPXWA6Y
Cassava Cake!

I also tend to love a nice Panettone dipped in either Egg Nog or Hot Cocoa!

9 Likes

I like Tiramisu download

8 Likes

Pfeffernüsse / Lebkuchen

https://www.gutekueche.at/img/rezept/4261/lebkuchen-mit-schokoladenglasur.jpg

Panforte

Halva

and ye olde faithful

7 Likes

I like to cook something different every year, I’m usually the one who take care of the desserts so I’ll leave a few here, I love them all!

Popular: “Rabanada” (French Toast)

Last year’s: It doesn’t have a specific name as far I am aware, It’s Grape + Crème Anglaise (a variant) + Ganache

This year: I’m going to try “Torta Holandesa” which for you guys should be known as Brazilian Dutch Pie

6 Likes

Thank you all for posting your deliciousities (what a nice word i made im proud)
Im starting to question if it was a good idea creating this topic because every time i open it i just want to consume as many pastries and cakes and all tasties but usually there are none at home and im diabetic so i really shouldnt
Arent any of you coming to hungary some time by chance? you could bring some of your home baked goodies and maybe i would bake you something as well, or show you around. You might be better of showing yourselfes around because im usually not too good with people and i know hardly anyithing about the sights.

And i appreciate you all very much for posting in my thread

and thanks for the recepies as well but i rarely make anything in the kitchen (or just in general) and if i do im more likely to do something my mother can help me with

3 Likes

Maybe you can catch a wild @coralinecastell when she is close by and ask her to make you a special Brigadeiro, just one! Don’t go too crazy! They are really sweet :rofl:

I’m not so sure, but I believe there are workarounds to make brigadeiro for diabetic people as well.

I’m betting on her ability to make brigadeiro, I mean, every Brazilian should be able to!

5 Likes

i did take a close look at the travel plan but @coralinecastell does not come anywhere near here :frowning:

4 Likes

Rumors says all you have to do is take a step and you’re already in another country when you’re in Europe, maybe I’m watching too many movies.

6 Likes

if it were true i stil would have to take at least 2 steps
and i just did and im still here in my room

4 Likes

Aw yeah that’s the good stuff

5 Likes

That’s not a Jansson, is it? and where’s the dopp?
I’m rather intrigued about the bread though, what’s going on there?

5 Likes

Oh God no. Just potatisgratäng… whatever that is in English.

The best is what it is :wink:

5 Likes

Christmas is the only thing in my family that is kept very traditional, so we eat the same dishes every year. Soup, breaded carp, kraut salad, potatoes and my favorite Makówki, which is poppy seeds, raisins and zwieback drowned in milk. Really hard to plate this in a way to make it look appetizing, but it’s a delicious mess!

8 Likes

Thought that was a fully packed ashtray at first glance.

7 Likes

20 packs of Marlboro reds
5 autumn leaves (preferably wet)
1 half empty beer can

Just like granny used to make

Seriously though it’s probably a great dish

7 Likes

Since I was busy moving in and had a few other issues over Christmas I didn’t end up doing anything for it and now the remaining hams are significantly cheaper than they were before Christmas, weird huh?

So I’m going to necro this thread because I finally got around to making some food that really makes Christmas for me and that’s the Christmas breakfast which to me has to be Vört bread with Christmas ham, cheddar cheese and mustard on the side of rice porridge with sugar and cinnamon.

Today it got to serve as lunch though.

8 Likes

Looks delicious! What’s that greenish crust around the ham?

3 Likes

Only the lighting that makes it look green, I didn’t even see that until you pointed it out. It’s mustard mixed with an eggyolk smeared over it and covered in breadcrumbs.

4 Likes

Black plates! I knew I liked you!
(Too lazy to take a picture of my black tableware for context)

5 Likes

Someone NEEDS to make this for me…

I know …It’s an old thread.

5 Likes