Back to Today's Deal

Yookah-Laylee and the Impossible Lair - 6/27/20 - $13.49

Today’s deal is Yookah-Laylee and the Impossible Lair!

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/846870/YookaLaylee_and_the_Impossible_Lair/

Description:

HOMONYMS

Dang, it’s such a beautiful night!

I know…sometimes something’s so beautiful that you just gotta celebrate it, you know?

Yeah…

Here, you know what? Pass me that Yooka Laylee…

Oh! Here you go! I didn’t know you played!

I dabble, it’s just-

…what?

This is a ukulele, not Yooka Laylee!

Wait, what the heck did you just ask me for?

I wanted you to pass me my laptop with the copy of Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair I just bought from Chrono for like half off!

What the heck is that? Some kind of weird kids movie?

No, you…look! It’s like a bunch of the guys from old Rare came together! The first Yooka Laylee was like Banjo Kazooie and the Impossible Lair is just like Donkey Kong Country…

Ohhhhh! Okay!

Right?

But what the hell is Donkey Kong Country?

I hate you, I’m out of here…

Wait, wait, wait! I’m kidding, I’m kidding, I’m kidding!

Ugh! Fine!

…Just kidding. I don’t know what it is.

I’m leaving.

The official trailer for Yookah-Laylee and the Impossible Lair:

Our favorite Steam reviews:

As always, use this thread to discuss this deal, talk about the game and find other people to play with!
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Jump here,jump there and lots of colors. Looks neat :slight_smile:

But, the game is already at that price on Steam (55% off) until the 9th of July…
What is weird is that the game is the same price in € and in $ (13,49) although the two currencies are not equivalent…

Here’s a review from @missiloon:

Chrono.gg makes their deals well in advance and can’t foresee what prices other places will be selling the games at by the time the date actually comes

I like how the overworld map is also an interactive 3D level of sorts. And I wonder how many people have attempted the final level right off the bat and won?

The game is ok, but it’s no successor to Banjo Kazooie and the other Rareware games that inspired it and most of the flack it gets is from people who expected it to be.
Treat it as it’s own thing and don’t expect too much from it and it’s alright.
Edit: I just noticed it’s the impossible lair and not the first one. Disregard this.
Impossible lair is supposedly much better than the first one but I haven’t played it.