Yeah guys, worry about Microsoft 10 spying on you...

the last one was off topic but I still got screamed at from both ends.

“if it’s not about games it doesn’t belong here” was the quote right? I can’t get an exact quote because, oh hey it got taken down.

3 Likes

no man; that was because it was political in nature and would thus lead to controversy and conflict, which it definitely did

2 Likes

people spying on you who aren’t actually spying on you is politics I would say, a politician had to authorise the action on people being spied on, right?

I don’t really care, if people just want to pick on me and let everything else slide then whatever. I’m just saying this seems to fit that criteria.

nah I’m wrong there really, I just feel picked on, I do care, but whatever happens isn’t up to me.

3 Likes

that thread was mentioning a particular politician and his actions, big difference. This thread doesn’t mention politics at all, and if u want to make it political in nature, then u can do the same thing with every thread, as every thread has to be legal in nature and thus be allowed by the laws created by politicians. Let’s pls not get into discussions about nothing.

2 Likes

I probably would have done If I hadn’t thought about it.

It infuriates me, convenient the only thread I defend someone and speak up on gets taken down.

but Im stopping anyway, I don’t wanna lose anything, I just want fair treatment.

3 Likes

mate, u defended me, and it turns out i was in the wrong, and yr defense actually proved even to me that i was wrong, rofl.

Also, there’s nothing to be upset about, it was my thread to begin with, and i was fine with it being taken down if it was ruled inappropriate, and the same goes for this thread btw, so why would u be upset while i am not even upset?

2 Likes

I have a habit of doing that, it must be because of tumblr haha.
there’s literally no reason except selfish ones I’m sorry.
And I’m sorry for last time too, while I’m here, I thought I was defending someone’s right to speak last time. Yes I know it wasn’t needed, it’s the times where it isn’t needed where it goes most unnoticed.

2 Likes

In other news, I’m really not sure, would England be out of Americas spying jurisdiction? is America allowed to spy on British denizens?

2 Likes

They’re not really allowed to spy on any one but have not really been caring that much about what they’re allowed to do or not.

3 Likes

hmm, its a good point, but surely they’ll be trying to get something passed through congress (or whichever one it is xD) while they’re doing this?

2 Likes

they rly don’t care about the rights that congress gives them, do u rly think congress gave them the right to record ppl (regular ppl who r not under some form of investigation) through their cameras and microphones?

Why do u think u have these whistle blowers who risk their own lives and freedom to get this shit out?

2 Likes

good point, it’s just extremely saddening they won’t follow their own rules… hypocrisy makes me sad…

and I promise you there’s no way they’re looking through my nokia Lumia Windows phone, because if they were we wouldn’t be speaking now, I’d be in the middle of a raid.

2 Likes

looool, starting to think yr delusional

2 Likes

A police raid xD and I’m serious :3

until I am locked up English people shouldn’t worry xD unless there’s a reason they pick and select certain people?

I once stole a lump of cheese from tesco.

1 Like

If you guys haven’t yet, I strongly recommend watching:

Citizenfour (2014)

Also, this TED talk by Glenn Greenwald is amazing:

If you’re thirsty for more, don’t forget to check out:

6 Likes

I really need to start listening to that. I get recommended it all the time.

2 Likes

Except for getting some music elsewhere I don’t use my PC for anything crazy, really, so I’m not concerned and Apple doesn’t allow these backdoors in their OS as far as I know, so my phone is hopefully safe.

3 Likes

Although I do not own any apple product and do not intend to, Tim Cook made a nice pronunciation about privacy the other day.

The truth is we could make a ton of money if we monetized our customer. If our customer was our product, we could make a ton of money. We’ve elected not to do that. We don’t –
(applause)
Our products are iPhones and iPads and Macs and HomePods and the Watch, et cetera, and if we can convince you to buy one, we’ll make a little bit of money, right? But you are not our product.
You are our customer. You are a jewel, and we care –
(laughter)
We care about the user experience. And we’re not going to traffic in your personal life. I think it’s an evasion of privacy. I think it’s – privacy to us is a human right.

4 Likes

the fbi? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

Guys guys… no worries… chill… i have discovered a great turn around! I taped my phone right above a book of drawings i drew myself. So each time they woukd spy on me, they would say : awww how cute!! :astonished:
Win wiii…

• Poof and explosive noises in the back ground: FBI, on the ground… gun shots… war anthem… and suddenly outta nowhere: Warning, weather storm activated (RA2) *
4 Likes